OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well look at this!
http://kotaku.com/5106418/fifteen-years-of-doom

Back on December 10th, of the year 1993, id software released one of the most influential games to date.
So, if you will all join me--

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOOM!!!

And here's to another 15 years of blasting the Hell (*chuckle*) out of them Mars spawning demons!

grog.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
15 Years. I still remember when I came home with the Shareware Version and how blown away I was by its Graphics. Then I played the first Level over and over again, because I couldn't believe that there could be any more on these three 3.5" disks. Guess how amazed I was when I found out that there was a second level later.
smile.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOOM!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

DOOM 2 is one of my favorite games ever.. I hope DOOM goes back to its roots on DOOM 4, the 3rd game was a good game, but it wasn't anything like the classic ones :/

Heh Doom 3 wasn't a doom game in my mind. Dead Space is more of a Doom title than Doom 3
tongue.gif

Man, i miss that modem-to-modem gaming back in the day. Trying to set up the computers over the phone with my friends, dialing, hearing the connection, watching the connection fail, calling them back to talk about settings again, and the process starts all over again.

Doom, Doom 2, Rise of the Triad and Terminal Velocity were the main games i remember working towards playing. Eventually, for each one, we would finally play for HOURS.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one ever said you did not have to stop using modem-to-modem. Still there so use it and stop missing it. Chances of a doom game being made like it used to is very unlikely (especially by a real gaming company) so just play the originals. Pretty easy really....

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Doomsday Forte said:
Wow, somehow I want to say "it's only THAT old?" for some reason. I guess Doom is timeless like that. =P

I dunno if I'm counted as young or old on this board (I'm 24 and I don't care anyway), but, I agree. I still play Doom on my Xbox and GP32 occasionally. It's still intense, creepy, full of suspense and can make me jump. That being said, I love Doom 3 and think it was a good progression into the "modern" era of gaming though it did lose some of it's atmosphere.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to get the prboom server up and running at my place yesterday with horrible amounts of unsuccessfulness, but i'm going to try it at my buddy's place tonight, and mebbe get some multiplayer DoomDS going as a belated celebration. Hope it works, cause i REALLY wanna rocket the fuck out of some demons again.

*tok-a tok-a tok* What the hell...
*tok-a tok-a tok* Where is that coming from...
*tok-a tok-a tok* What in the....AHHH FUCK PINKY!!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
WildWon said:
I tried to get the prboom server up and running at my place yesterday with horrible amounts of unsuccessfulness, but i'm going to try it at my buddy's place tonight, and mebbe get some multiplayer DoomDS going as a belated celebration. Hope it works, cause i REALLY wanna rocket the fuck out of some demons again.

*tok-a tok-a tok* What the hell...
*tok-a tok-a tok* Where is that coming from...
*tok-a tok-a tok* What in the....AHHH FUCK PINKY!!

Guess what I was doing in College today?

ZDoom on my memory stick
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.