DOOM Reboot to Be Revealed at Quakecon. New Video Teaser.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id and Bethesda have revealed a new reboot of Doom with a brand new short trailer showing off a monster that could only be the Cyberdemon. Head over to doom.com and watch the trailer for yourself. And be prepared for more coming this next QuakeCon.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, last game was a reboot too? The fuck man they really are just milking it. I really don't give a shit about this series tbh, Quake/Unreal Tournament are games that attract me much more.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, no. Not really. That trailer has more cutscène than the entire doom and doom 2 combined (and is probably larger in size than those games combined as well :P ). The only proper trailer would be a fragfest of you against a gazillion enemies (serious sam style...except it should be more serious).
Thy can name it whatever they want but I'll pass. Nostalgia can only last you so long.

Yeah, last game was a reboot too? The fuck man they really are just milking it. I really don't give a shit about this series tbh, Quake/Unreal Tournament are games that attract me much more.
For the record: Unreal Tournament is getting a reboot too. And yes, they're keeping that name too, because devs can do whatever they want.

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really enjoyed the old days of Doom, back when it was shooter with an insane gameplay, lots of monsters and hardcore soundtrack. Nowadays, it became basically a survival horror game, although that's exactly how it was supposed to be on the beginning.

If this new Doom game get a gameplay just like Serious Sam 3, that'd be great (although it's unlikely, I guess)!

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Wasn't the last game a reboot? They're rebooting the reboot?

Well, let's hope Doom remembers its not Half Life this time around.
IGN talked the same words that you are saying now 3 weeks before, out of 4 games, 3 are telling the same history, everybody already know that. The fact is that Doom 3 was a huge mistake, it messed with the series, hope now they fix it on new Doom.

People who got the new Wolf on pre-order (any platform), or digitally on first days (Xbox One) will get Doom Beta. My hopes are high, as the new Wolfenstein was so fucking good even for who, like me, that dont like the modern FPS games.

Are any of the original Doom crew there any more?
Last time I heard, John Romero is on the crap F2P business, and John Carmack was working on Oculus Rift. I think that was the two pillars for the original Doom. The rest of the crew was artists, sound engineers and all that stuff, maybe any of them are on the new doom, and this do not add nothing from the past to the new game.

Reactions: Satangel

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish DOOM III had been more like Half-Life and a little less System Shock 2.

I love the System Shock series, but reading e-mails and pda's every five minutes kind of destroys that run and gun vibe. A little story telling never hurt, but that was just overblown and I felt like I HAD to do it in order to progress some of the time.

Wasn't the last game a reboot? They're rebooting the reboot?

Well, let's hope Doom remembers its not Half Life this time around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.