DOOM lands on Nintendo Switch on November 10

doom_2016.jpg

Bethesda won't be keeping Nintendo fans waiting long, as their upcoming Switch port of DOOM will be hitting the eShop and stores on November 10, 2017. Company 'Panic Button' (who is also working on a Rocket League Switch port) will be in charge of getting the game running on Nintendo's latest piece of hardware. DOOM will run at 30fps on the Switch, and suffer some graphical compromises, but going off of footage from id Software, it appears that the game will retain its lighting system. This game is the first of Bethesda Softwork's upcoming partnership with Nintendo, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus releasing later this holiday, and 2018, respectively.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can always put him on Ignore. Reading his posts is harmful for your brain anyway.
i guess my posts would be to those that love to think nintendo is on top form.

honestly how can people defend paying more for old inferior ports with content missing.

the fans do amuse me because given the chance you all would be saying the same if it was the other systems, in fact the fans do slate the other systems over things, yet at the same time things like 4k or what ever, the switch can only dream of doing anything above 720p/1080, so its like hmm.

if these old ports were coming to nintendo at the right price then yes i would consider buying it, but like hell is it worth near £50 for old games.

i dont even think last gen "HD remasters" have been this expensive on PS4/XBX1, usually release around £20-£30, but to charge £50 is a fucking rip off.

and like it or not, this will be the downfall for the switch, third party sales wont be as high (which has always been the case) and support gets dropped.

we already know that it struggles to play anything of the last generation, so common sense will tell you that as this is nintendo's Next Gen system, its never going to run anything that SONY/MS's next gen systems get, and the switch will definitely be abandoned by then.

the question is, how long has the PS4/XBX1 got left in them, unlike nintendo when you buy sony/ms consoles they release hardware that can go on for as long as possible, not the case with nintendo.

I can guarantee you that once SONY/MS release its next gen consoles (not shitty beefed up PS4/XBX1 models) devs have pushed its old hardware to its limits and will again focus on the new, leaving nintendo behind unless theyre able to keep porting old titles.

then nintendo will again be first to release its next gen system just to remain on the market.

I get y'all might love its icons like mario and that, but when you remove these (recycled) titles, nintendo consoles lack anything else, until it releases a new system with better hardware, then you get the old ports.

why nintendo cant just release the hardware capable for the devs to bring this support when said titles are NEW then its consoles would have a wider option of titles to play, but we all know that will never happen because nintendo want cheap products with a ridiculous price tag to print money.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is absolutely no difference between a Switch, a 3DS or a Wii U in terms of whether they're consoles or not - they're all consoles, they simply implement a different form factor. If the PS4 or the Xbox One were portable, nobody would question whether they're consoles or not. The argument of portability is null and void as it has no impact on the primary purpose of the device - gaming.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Mac and only Nintendo consoles, but I've always wanted to play this new Doom. Still having a hard time justifying a $60 price point for what people are calling a largely downgraded version of a game that runs $25-30 on other platforms. Throw us a bone here!

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Mac and only Nintendo consoles, but I've always wanted to play this new Doom. Still having a hard time justifying a $60 price point for what people are calling a largely downgraded version of a game that runs $25-30 on other platforms. Throw us a bone here!

To be completely honest, I doubt youll have the time to notice a bit lower poly models and a bit more blurry textures when you are strafe rocket jumping over hordes of minions and ripping monsters jaws apart with a chainsaw.
The game is FAST and is not meant to be a graphic spectacle but a pure fast adrenaline filled action.
Price tag sucks but then again its so worth it.

Reactions: Xzi and m_babble

lostboysteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As my brother told me the other day, "a portable (handheld) skyrim? I don't care if it's grainy as fuck, it's worth the sacrifice to have it that way."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks are only part of it. How it feels matters. More FPS = more responsive. The higher the framerate, the quicker your inputs are represented on-screen. To me 60 feels bad man. However, that's because I run it at around 150 with G-Sync. I'm definitely spoiled. However, the brat part doesn't fit. I earned the scratch to buy this gear. Definitely not cheap. The GPU and monitor upgrade was $900. That being said, 60 is fine. I would get used to it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Filthy GTX 1070 peasant. Seriously, lighten up. You're being a douche and making the race look bad.

You've seen nothing.
*Looks at HD 5450*.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As my brother told me the other day, "a portable (handheld) skyrim? I don't care if it's grainy as fuck, it's worth the sacrifice to have it that way."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, and to be fair, you can play portable Skyrim on GPD Win, but with drops as low as 20s or teens for FPS. Switch version will be much closer to a stable 30 I'm sure, and with higher detail. Portable is perfect for games which people play obsessively, which would be Rocket League for me.

Reactions: lostboysteve

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please sell me on Skyrim? I keep trying to play it but I cant get past first 20 minutes without being bored out of my mind :X

rwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hot damn so much hate in here.

I quite frankly don't give a damn if it is running on ultra omega low settings. This is a super fast paced fun game, so long as they managed to make it run smooth I'm happy.

zero-fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So devs trolled us, who asked for motion controls (FOR AIMING obviously), but they added it just for melee hits by shaking joycons.

D

Deleted-355425

I will be buying doom but not strait away... it’s a great game but I can wait a week or 2 for stores to drop prices or start to undercut each other for it... Skyrim after that :)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be buying doom but not strait away... it’s a great game but I can wait a week or 2 for stores to drop prices or start to undercut each other for it... Skyrim after that :)
another last gen port y'all missed out on first time, and looking at other titles and seeing how big this game is, its going to be expensive or everything heavily dumbed down to fit on the cart.

what will really piss me off is if nintendo advertise it as the "next big thing since BOTW" because BOTW has tried copying Skyrim and failed at it, botw just felt like a motion control tech demo.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, called the local Gamemania here and the price of Doom for Switch will be 60 euro. That means that it is a AAA title price.
This sucks :(. Yes I want to play Doom on my Switch, but daym, I am not gona pay 60 bucks on a game I already finished on PS4. (including all DLC)

Reactions: Spider_Man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.