DOOM lands on Nintendo Switch on November 10

doom_2016.jpg

Bethesda won't be keeping Nintendo fans waiting long, as their upcoming Switch port of DOOM will be hitting the eShop and stores on November 10, 2017. Company 'Panic Button' (who is also working on a Rocket League Switch port) will be in charge of getting the game running on Nintendo's latest piece of hardware. DOOM will run at 30fps on the Switch, and suffer some graphical compromises, but going off of footage from id Software, it appears that the game will retain its lighting system. This game is the first of Bethesda Softwork's upcoming partnership with Nintendo, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus releasing later this holiday, and 2018, respectively.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point still stands that 100 fps is unnecessary and looks weird as hell. 30 and 60 fps look more natural, 100 fps looks like those weird Spanish soap operas. Why the hell would people want 100 fps?

Higher framerates equal more responsive gameplay. It's not a matter of opinion. Higher framerates are objectively superior. 30 FPS with motion blur looks unnatural. With higher framerates you don't need artificial motion blur to make movement appear smooth.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is absolutely no difference between a Switch, a 3DS or a Wii U in terms of whether they're consoles or not - they're all consoles, they simply implement a different form factor. If the PS4 or the Xbox One were portable, nobody would question whether they're consoles or not. The argument of portability is null and void as it has no impact on the primary purpose of the device - gaming.

In my experience the only people who insist that the Switch is a portable/handheld and not a console are fanboys who are trying to excuse the fact that the system is weak as balls and can't run graphically intense games well, if at all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In my experience the only people who insist that the Switch is a portable/handheld and not a console are fanboys who are trying to excuse the fact that the system is weak as balls and can't run graphically intense games well, if at all.
Sure, I've seen that routine, but that's not my point. My point is that the distinction is arbitrary and the form factor does not influence whether or not the device is a video game console, the intended purpose does. Nobody in their right mind would argue that a laptop is not a PC - it's a PC, a personal computer, more specifically one of the x86, IBM Compatible variety, since that's the modern definition of the term. It has its own screen and its own integrated power source, but that doesn't make it anything other than a PC. It's not a desktop, but that's irrelevant to the conversation. The form factor and the intended purpose of the device are two very different classifications. Now, a laptop will never be as beefy as a desktop and a portable console will never match a home console, but that's a different argument. The Switch is a console - a not particularly high-spec one, but a console nonetheless.
Why the OT? Anyway if it is about getting honest, right now I only want one game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but meanwhile I am buying many games because I just can't play what is not available.
This saddens me since there are way better games headed for the Switch, I still don't understand the appeal of the series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol