Hacking Don't you guys think it's been too long?

ShinLarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It felt like months have passes since we have heard that there was a jailbreak for fw 4.0 and that it was safe to update.. but since there was soo much hatred to Kataroks, they decided to not release it... how much longer do we actually have to wait in order for us to finally install cfw on our 3.73 and 4.0? there has to be another way to play than just the waiting game... please help me understand... :nayps3:

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Somebody has to do something for it to get done.

I don't see YOU doing anything about it, and I don't see you paying anybody to do anything about it...

This. Not trying to be a dick, but it's impatient people like you that drive devs away from doing productive things...

Reactions: 2 people

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It felt like months have passes since we have heard that there was a jailbreak for fw 4.0 and that it was safe to update.. but since there was soo much hatred to Kataroks, they decided to not release it... how much longer do we actually have to wait in order for us to finally install cfw on our 3.73 and 4.0? there has to be another way to play than just the waiting game... please help me understand... :nayps3:

A new iXtreme FW also doesn't come in a day.
C4Eva already had beaten AP2.5 way back when it was introduced yet he decided not to release it to the public until it was necessary.

JUST BE PATIENT and wait....

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KaKaRoTo said that his jailbreak works on both 3.73 and 4.0 but it isn't finished and he doesn't know when it will be.
you are confusing him with Mathieulh which said that he will no longer help the scene (or something like that)

Freeman1973

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KaKaRoTo said that his jailbreak works on both 3.73 and 4.0 but it isn't finished and he doesn't know when it will be.
you are confusing him with Mathieulh which said that he will no longer help the scene (or something like that).

You are half right,anf half wrong.
Mathieulh said that,right,because so much stupid and useless people attack him every time and everywere online;but also Kakaroto said the same things,try to look his blog,he talks about it in his blog,it's easy to find it.
But sure,I can understand how frustrating was receive those stupid and offensive messages from who don't minimally contributes to the scene.
Excuse my bad language

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the progress of Kakaroto's exploit. He'll release it when it is done unlike some other devs who keep information to themselves and don't release stuff blaming some morons who pester them too much.

Reactions: 1 person

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Link

this is KaKaRoTo's project which is still in development. he'll release when it's done
he only asked people to stop asking when it's done and the hate on Mathieulh (for the brief time they worked together)

edit: :ninja: ninja'd

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and btw even if this hack does come out you will not be able to play any pirated games if thats what you are hoping for
it will only run homebrew

Reactions: 2 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and btw even if this hack does come out you will not be able to play any pirated games if thats what you are hoping for

As far as I remember, Hotz had the same intentions.
Piracy shortly followed.
Just because Kakaroto isn't officially supporting piracy himself, doesn't mean it wont be shortly following his projects release. It's not really something that can't not happen when you blow the PS3 and its firmware out of the water.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Piracy shortly followed.
Just because Kakaroto isn't officially supporting piracy himself, doesn't mean it wont be shortly following his projects release. It's not really something that can't not happen when you blow the PS3 and its firmware out of the water.

they say that it's harder than last time... but I hope someone is working on it because I really want to play new games

S

squall_leonhart

Piracy shortly followed.

they say that it's harder than last time... but I hope someone is working on it because I really want to play new games

you can already play new games jing90... go to the store > buy the game you want to play > update firmware > and you can play them...
if you want to play them for free (which goes for everyone here), wait and be patient within now and 20 years someone will release a CFW that will help you play those old games.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can already play new games jing90... go to the store > buy the game you want to play > update firmware > and you can play them...
if you want to play them for free (which goes for everyone here), wait and be patient within now and 20 years someone will release a CFW that will help you play those old games.
I wasn't complaining, I was just saying what everyone is thinking...
anyway I would buy them if I had the money

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Piracy shortly followed.
From my understanding its not that KaKaRoTo doesn't want to allow piracy, it's a limitation of the hack. It can't use syscalls and stuff, so it can't run "backups". Perhaps it could be worked around by someone, but the way I see it, KaKaRoTo isn't going to be the one spending time working on that.

Freeman1973

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But guys,the most important thing is that even if he release his much anticipated 3.73 JB it will remain a Jailbreak,NOT a Cfw,maybe there are someone out there that don't understand this;it's no a simply pup to update..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826