Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
My game just updated (the DEMO, actually) and someone said it was for Smashhax. So, since it needs an update and not the system update to patch it out, can't we still use Smashhax?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Straight from the smashhax readme.md

Last version tested with this vuln was v1.1.2, vuln still isn't fixed with that version. This exploit was fixed with the regular-demo update, which was released at the following date-times:

• JPN: 17 November, 2015 05:09:49 -0600.
  • EUR: 19 November, 2015 09:00:05 -0600.
  • USA: 20 November, 2015 13:45:07 -0600.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...You don't have to accept the demo update.
Using smashhax with the demo was still broken before Nintendo patched it. You had to compile the pcap you broadcast yourself to have it download the payload through http, but something in the cache messed it up and it 100% of the time froze with hax 2.5 (not sure about hax2.1/2)

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My game just updated (the DEMO, actually) and someone said it was for Smashhax. So, since it needs an update and not the system update to patch it out, can't we still use Smashhax?
I use SMASHHAX with hax 2.5 as my main hax. I used a pre-compiled smashhax folder and i already had linux dual booted. I am gonna get sky 3ds soon and install cubic ninja though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But i dont know about the demo since i only use the full game on 1.1.1
EDIT: Latest version of demo is PATCHED! If you have the demo DO NOT UPDATE!

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Using smashhax with the demo was still broken before Nintendo patched it. You had to compile the pcap you broadcast yourself to have it download the payload through http, but something in the cache messed it up and it 100% of the time froze with hax 2.5 (not sure about hax2.1/2)
Better than paying 80 dollars for Cubic Ninja and then installing OoT.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a Smash bros cart, can I still use SmashHax for 10.2? It SmashHax only dead on 10.3 right?
Currently smashhax works using the cart on "ALL" firmwares(not sure about below 9.0) The new smash update in December will probably patch it, but you can still use smashhax by using a different sdcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::bow:HAPPY HOLLIDAY BIRTHDAY Psi ! :bow::grog::toot::hrth: