Hacking Don't update your M3 Lite to v29!

ultrablade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously havn't heard anyone successfully update their M3 Lite to v29, and that's bad. Something in the v29 update is messed up, leaving it to hang on your ds, when you cut it off, your M3's firmware is partcially flashed, leaving it bricked, and not having the ability to reflash it.

I've also heard alot, that v28 updates hangs, but is safe to turn off, because it actully fully writes to the cartridge before it hangs.

So hey M3 team, what's going on with your updates?
huh.gif

ultrablADe

ultrablade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks Vidikron, I guess this whole topic was referring to me?

But all that had problems ran it through flashme huh? (autoboot)

ultrablade

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So did you actually brick your M3, or are you just talking out of your ass? Because it hangs just like e28, but you can still turn it off like e28 and it updates just fine. Plus this has been released for a couple of days now and I haven't seen anything about bricking anywhere else but this topic. You would think if it bricked your M3, there would be topics about it all over the place by now...

magister2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My M3 Lite is bricked because I updated it in NDS mode,and my DS doesn't detect the flashcard now, so I will have to return it to my dealer.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My M3 Lite is bricked because I updated it in NDS mode,and my DS doesn't detect the flashcard now, so I will have to return it to my dealer.
Strange. I updated in NDS mode and it went just fine. In that case I apologise to the OP. This is the first I've heard of it on various forums...

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you already tried to flash it in GBA mode and you still think your m3 is broke i guess that might be grounds to sending it back but try more stuff before you do.

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Occasionally my DS won't detect my M3 for reasons unknown(usually after I plug it back in after putting new files on my SD card). What works for me is if I take my SD card out, turn my DS on with the M3 inserted(it comes up for me saying that no media is detected or something. Basically that my SD card isn't there). Then when I plug the whole thing back in it works. This is after my M3 doesn't load at all after the Passcard screen. It might help you, or might not. I don't know your exact problem.

I had no problems at all updating to 29 either. I just did it in NDS mode. I was going to do it in GBA, but I forgot. >.>

magister2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I updated my M3 Lite in NDS mode, all was ok, but when I pressed 'A' key after update, it hangs. When I turn off and on my DS doesn't detect any GBA flashcard. I tried on another DS and the same result. Also I tried to change a flashcard that is ok at the process of update by my broken flashcard and it doesn't work, so the update process has broken my M3 Lite.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I like to live on the edge (yeah right) I updated to v29 in DS mode and..... It worked fine! This is on an m3 miniSD with a flashed DS original.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I updated with the file that czw (i think thats the user) on this board put up the links for. I updated last night from 27e to 29e in NDS mode no problems.

I hope that virus updates are not surfacing now ;_;
Meh, probably just bad luck with flashing, so many reports of successful flashes and a few unsuccessful....

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
anyone else thinks this release is broken?

That comment about ass wasnt needed how about you just leave this topic and start a topic about people who talk out of their asses:

1. Madrigal

People like you disgust me.
lecture.gif

ultrablade
Hey bud in case you didn't notice I already apologized to him so why the hell are you getting involved?

I would start a topic about you, but I don't think that would go over too well with the mods
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu