Hacking Don't know if this belongs here.....

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something weird happened to my switch. Earlier today I turned on my switch from sleep mode while it was running SX OS and turned it off completely to run some physical media on my switch. Thing is....it would not boot for anything. 3 hours of trying to boot the thing I decided to connect it to the pc and try something....I used tegrarcm to boot hekate and it did. I was using hekate to restart the switch and it would not work neither trying to boot it after hekate powered the switch off. It was fully charged and it is still running when I boot it from hekate with tegrarcm. Think SX OS screw it up?

Last edited by Sintrial09,

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just uninstalled Autorcm and it fixed the booting issue

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

?

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, sounds to me like everything was working as intended. You apparently just didn't know what AutoRCM is or does.

Hint: With AutoRCM installed, the switch won't boot without a payload.

The payload is inside the sx os pro dongle, correct? shouldn't it have still loaded with the dongle installed on the switch?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The payload is inside the sx os pro dongle, correct? shouldn't it have still loaded with the dongle installed on the switch?
First of all, you never mentioned you used the SX Pro dongle.

The dongle will only inject the payload if its capacitors are charged. The fact that your switch didn't boot tells me your dongle wasn't charged.

Hint 2.0: It would also auto boot after like 15 secs after powering it off.
when autoRCM is installed, it will always boot into RCM. It will never boot into Horizon without a payload.

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, you never mentioned you used the SX Pro dongle.

The dongle will only inject the payload if its capacitors are charged. The fact that your switch didn't boot tells me your dongle wasn't charged.

when autoRCM is installed, it will always boot into RCM. It will never boot into Horizon without a payload.

I forgot about the dongle not being charged. That must be it since it's working now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you should get VR then