Hacking Don't know how to proceed with uncontrollable old Wii

reaour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey!

I have an old Wii, which was hacked years ago and since then it was never used or updated again.
But it was working!
Was... until the controllers were connected with an newer Wii (not hacked) and now these controllers don't connect with this old Wii anymore.

Now the Wii only boots the USB Loader software and I can't control it without controllers.

First of all I would like to give some information I've gathered (since I don't know which firmware is running on this Wii).

The serial number matched with this:

GC2-D1/D2B Cut
from ca.,
- LEH 120xxxxx <---
to ca.
- LEH 1350xxxx

Then I know, that a SD card is inside which is required to boot USB Loader tool. I guess that is the version:
SD/USB Loader: cfg 42c
IOS249 (Rev 14)

Also I found out while holding reset while starting that some kind of system menu appeared. I can't control it either, but there are some version information:

IOS v60
Systemmenu v450
preloader v0.29

That's all I was able to observe...

What I've tested:

* normal controller synching, using both red buttons -> none of 4 controllers connected. All 4 LED blinked and went offline again.
* I found an article which tells, that pressing 30s the red button on the Wii will reset the controllers on the Wii side. But didn't work.
* Booting without USB disk, which is FAT32 formatted and has games stored in this old data format. Can't remember... was it called WBFS? But since the drive couldn't be mounted, the boot process stopped after 30 seconds.
* Booting without SD Card -> Didn't boot. Only a message appeared to choose a WBFS device from USB and the cfg42 info from above.

So my hope is, that someone can tell me, if it's possible to recover or reinstall this Wii.
I found a lot of tutorials, but it seems none of them matched my issue.

Can you give me some hints how to proceed? If possible...

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things