Gaming Don't count on getting Atelier Annie playable soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillypatterson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked it up at Gamestop last night and it's pretty much the most addictive thing ever. An hour and a half passed in what felt like fifteen minutes, and that was just the beginning! After years of longing, finally an NIS alchemy RPG/sim on the DS that is in my native language.

I dumped my copy so the wife could have a crack at it without the chance of accidentally overwriting my save files, but it seems to not even boot, shame.

It's really a great game and I'd like to see its sequels come so you should really pick up a copy if you're interested and support small, struggling niche developers and localizers.

icim2x.jpg

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for trying man! You said good things about the game and now I am excited for this title, it's too bad that I don't have money now.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well...as much as I want to play it, maybe it will encourage more folks to buy it like you did. Nintendo Power seemed to think fondly on the game, so I've been looking forward to it. May give it a rent sometime. I really got into the last Mana Khemia game, and this seems to have a similar type of alchemy thing going on.

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
sillypatterson said:
It's really a great game and I'd like to see its sequels come so you should really pick up a copy if you're interested and support small, struggling niche developers and localizers.
icim2x.jpg

Exactly what I think! I just placed my order, this is exactly my type of game! Please bring Fantasy Life next!
biggrin.gif

blueknight1st

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of flash card do you use? I use the cyclo and they are pretty good at getting games working as fast as they can.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally agree, I played a lot of the Japanese version when it came out (not to mention the older DS game and a few of the older titles from DC and PSX), and it's great stuff. This is one of the most streamlined games in the series and I'm glad they chose this one to represent the series in North America. If they had brought the first DS release to America... I'm afraid it would have turned a lot of people off with the super slow paced/difficult battles.

edit: Also afraid I'm going to have to choose between this and Style Savvy! Support a series that took forever to get to America or support a giant company that needs no support from a demographic it isn't even targeting?! I feel guilty about sinking 30+ hours into the JP version of Style Savvy, so it's probably going to go to Nintendo.

Chromaticblur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I decided after 1 day of it not being out, that I'd rather just buy it, I can afford a game every now and then.

So I've spent the last 3 days TEARING THE TOWN APART.
There's not a single store within say..this entire city, that has it.
..;-;

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Chromaticblur said:
I decided after 1 day of it not being out, that I'd rather just buy it, I can afford a game every now and then.

..;-;

Use Amazon. Saves the gas, trouble, time, and frustration trying to find games that aren't mainstream.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Chromaticblur said:

..;-;

Use Amazon. Saves the gas, trouble, time, and frustration trying to find games that aren't mainstream.

I checked Amazon Canada and they don't list it.

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because one guy failed to dump it (he may have probably did it wrong, tons of details left out) suddenly everyone wants to buy it? LMAO, get real, drop the act Temp. I'm sure you were all rushing out to buy Kingdom Hearts and Mario & Luigi.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found the rom and tested it on acekard2i with AKAIO 1.5 and it plays fine. i dont know what the problem sillypatterson had. probably outdated r4 or something.

shetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
did you find the japanese version ??? or the usa one ?
the game looks great... so if its usa i;d like to try not in japanese ahha
thanks so far

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
just finished downloading a copy of the usa version and it plays fine on my dstt
ver 1.17a07 no probs so far but only five mins into the game

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
xshinox said:
i found the rom and tested it on acekard2i with AKAIO 1.5 and it plays fine. i dont know what the problem sillypatterson had. probably outdated r4 or something.

Wait... so it's been dumped?! IT'S BEEN DUMPED? -shakes furiously-
XD;; I kid. Sorry about that. But seriously. It was the english rom?

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
ragingchaosgod said:
xshinox said:

Wait... so it's been dumped?! IT'S BEEN DUMPED? -shakes furiously-
XD;; I kid. Sorry about that. But seriously. It was the english rom?

Yes, a working English rom is on the net as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr