Dont buy from MODCHIPSTORE.com

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by clette, Nov 29, 2007.

1. clette
    OP

clette Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2007
    Iceland
    I bought a G6DS Real 16G from them, but they didn't sent anything, they don't reply to my complains, and they didn't send anything!
    i paid for nothing!!

maybe someone have an idea what i can do?

Edit: Title edited. All caps = no no. [​IMG] - Ace

2. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    How long have you waited?

3. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    I've never had problems with them when I ordered my Swap Magic from them couple years ago.

How long HAVE you been waiting? From what I can tell, you're an impatient person (registered today, your one and only post is this one...). If it hasnt been that long, I'd suggest waiting a bit more, yah?

4. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    that's not necessarily the case, he did ask: "maybe someone have an idea what i can do?" after all..

5. Mars

Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

Dec 19, 2006
    United States
    Hmm thats strange. I didn't have any problems when I ordered my R4 from modchipstore.com. In fact, I received it
    in just two days.

6. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
  7. dakeyras

dakeyras GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2007
    Netherlands
    Send them a (signed) letter they have to sign for to receive, in which you terminate the sale. If they don't return your money, file them for fraud.

8. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Here's their phone number apparently. Go Go Go!

972-930-9525

Hope you manage to get your money back [​IMG]

9. Speed Freak

Speed Freak GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2007
    Brazil
    Curitiba - PR
    Since you didn't say how long have you been waiting since the purchase, it's hard to say if they're not beeing honest. I'm not sure where modchipstore's warehouse is located either so it's even harder to tell how long it should normally take to get to you. My personal experience is almost only done with dealextreme, but since they're in Hong Kong and I'm in Brazil, it usually takes almost a month due to shipping time, plus customs procedures and everything else involved. So if you haven't waited for that long until now, sit back, relax and wait some more. Otherwise you'll get stressed for no big deal.

10. Chotaz

Chotaz I'm back! :D

Sep 20, 2007
    i laso got my swap magic from them couple months ago and no problems with it, maybe u havent just waited long enough, did you?

11. Sagit

Sagit Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2007
    United States
    I think I am in the same situation. I order G6DS Real 16G on 11/18/2007. The order was shown being processed on 12/04/2007. And up to today 12/23/2007 (20 days since it was shown processed), I have not yet received the item. I have started to email them 4 days ago to ask them whereabout the item is. No one replies at all. They suggested on their website that the normal shipping time frame would be 4-14 days.

I think I would let it goes for a couple more days before I ought to appeal the charge with my credit card company. It's my really bad experience with modchipstore.com

12. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    Hey, do yourself a favor and call your Credit Card company.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ModChipStore

Unless you want to pay for nothing, do it, quickly. [​IMG]

~Nero