Don't Buy From GAMEYEEEAH.com

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sakura13, Mar 27, 2008.

Mar 27, 2008

Don't Buy From GAMEYEEEAH.com by sakura13 at 3:32 AM (1,937 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. sakura13
    OP

Newcomer sakura13 Newbie

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post but I have to fume my anger at gameyeeeah.com and its horrible customer service. So I bought a couple things from gameyeeeah and it says it'll take about a week to week and half to arrive so I wait but no delivery. So I email them and found out they haven't even shipped the item and says that they didn't ship because they need to use another courier. I mean they should have at least informed me of the situation but no email or phone call from them wth!! I had to contact them first! So the delivery got delayed for 2 more weeks and when I finally recieve the item its the wrong one!! I contact them again and they say to place another order so that I would have to re-buy the same item and be stuck with the useless item they sent me. They don't even offer me to replace the item wth! F#$* this site.

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    ...we're humans. we make mistakes.
    sorry for your poor services
    lifes not fair :/

p.s. i hope you didnt sign up just to fume your anger..
    EDIT: just saw that signup date..
    what i meant to ask is, what took you so long to post your numero uno post?

3. sakura13
    OP

Newcomer sakura13 Newbie

Haha yeah i know it just that i haven't been on this site for a while. I visit this site only once every couple months so I never posted before

4. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    I can see a mistake being made in shipping, yes. But not allowing any means of replacement when they screwed up? There is no excuse for that.

5. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    p.s.s. did you ask them for a refund of the wrong shipment they gave you?

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I've ordered from gameyeeeah before and not had a wrong item sent to me. I'm pretty sure they have a way to exchange it, assuming it was their fault (i.e. assuming you didn't accidentally order the wrong item as opposed to them sending a different item than what you ordered).

I have had orders that turned out to be out of stock even though it didn't say so on their website, and then when I inquired was told it would be in "next week" for several weeks in a row. I hate hate that, but unfortunately gameyeeeah isn't the only store that plays that game. On those occasions, I was able to cancel the order without any problems.

At least gameyeeeah responds to e-mail within a day or two, unlike some other stores.

-Bri

7. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I have heard many negative things about them, and living in the UK, I will have no reason to use them, but I find that a lot of such companies are very sloppy in their practices.

8. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    I think I bought an R4 from them. Or at least tried to... They sent me an M3. I didn't bother replacing it, but they still sent me the wrong item, and I was quite annoyed.

9. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Well, my father bought himself a Ez V (is it called like that ?) and it was shipped pretty fast , great service !

10. Bri

United States
    An M3 DS Simply is identical to an R4, so that doesn't surprise me.

-Bri

11. hksrb25s14

Newcomer hksrb25s14 Advanced Member

United States
    online shops like that, when i order something I keep on bugging then about my orders, until they respond back. and if that doesn't work then I say... Hey man, I paid for next day , why you telling me 4 weeks!!!!

12. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    There's not much I hate more than paying for next day shipping, on an item that a site says in in stock, only to be told that I will have to wait weeks before they send the item out.

Too many of the smaller sites do not update their stock levels often enough, and many list an item as being in stock, when really they either mean that it is in stock with their supplier, but they themselves don't have any in, or that they have it on order with their supplier, and are awaiting delivery.

13. comtois

Newcomer comtois Advanced Member

United States
    i ordered a DSTT from gameyeeeah, and received it within 5 days. and it was only $25. i give them a thumbs up. some people have had issues, but overall it seems most people are satisfied.

14. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Their store rating is below average, which means there are a significant number of people having problems with them. It's not a terrible score, which means it isn't simply a scam site (like many places), but they have somewhat poor practicies. The worst complaint is over returns/refunds (average score 3.17/10). Personally I wouldn't order from them, it's not worth the heartache to me just to save a few bucks.

15. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    People make mistakes.

Besides, Gameyeeeah.com helps pay for GBAtemp's bills.

You help Gameyeeeah.com out (buy their products) - you help GBAtemp out at the same time [​IMG]

16. Bri

United States
    Not recently, I'm guessing. Now they're $40.

I agree that they're better than a lot of stores, and would have no problem purchasing from them in the future. My only complaint is that I was allowed to purchase a product that was apparently out of stock (that seems to be a shortcoming of their website) and then they lead me on (like most stores do, repeatedly promising it would be in "next week") instead of making it clear that they had no idea when they would be back in stock.

ETA: Another item I bought from them that was in stock arrived in about 2 weeks with no problems.

-Bri

17. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    I bought an extra R4 for a relative from Gameyeeeah, worked pretty fine, albeit that it arrived a little late (3 weeks?) for my tastes.

18. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I ordered my R4DS from them and it came after 2 weeks.

DONT ORDER FROM THEM!

19. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I got mine order in about 5 days.