Hardware Don't buy a new 3ds if you have the old one get a switch instead

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The consoles is way more powerful then the 3ds so more stuff can be emulated and at full speed, and better-looking homebrew. Means you would be able to play ds games on it since the wii u could emulate the ds and the switch is even more powerful.
As far as emulators go i think he meant that in the sense that barely anyone made emulators optimized with the 3ds hardware in mind and instead everyone was just content with having retroarch ported to almost every device under the sun.

So even with stronger hardware unless someone cares enough to do so, we would just be looking at more retroarch ports and nothing else.

Reactions: Dionicio3

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the OP cares about graphics so badly then consoles and handhelds is the furthest away I'd be right now.

Go onto PC where your free to add in as much graphical power as you desire, go SLI with 2 GTX 1080TI and use every console and handheld emulator on the PC.

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the OP cares about graphics so badly then consoles and handhelds is the furthest away I'd be right now.

Go onto PC where your free to add in as much graphical power as you desire, go SLI with 2 GTX 1080TI and use every console and handheld emulator on the PC.

I planned on saying something similar however now i dont need to XD ... i agree if GFX is what your after than build/buy a massive gaming computer and there ya go ... and in my humble opinion i beleive the switch has lightyears to go before it even thinks about killing the 3ds at this point with all the joycon issues and whatnot i hear about the dock scratching the plastic sorry excuse of a digitizer they decided to use on it ... i know plastic is more durable with kids but yea ... there is room for improvement before i ever consider getting one myself ... tho i must admit i do want to try the new zelda game lol

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm genuinely curious as to how many people had been considering upgrading from an old 3DS to a New 3DS that still haven't done so by this point. This seems like the kind of PSA thats only relevant to like 4 or 5 people here, if that.

D

Deleted User

Second, your argument is just bunk. You are basically telling people to miss out an amazing system because of graphics. The 3DS has tons of great games that people can be playing right now, like; Pokemon series, Monster Hunter series, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, SMT series, Dragon Quest series, Zelda series, etc. Basically shit tons of games, plus every single DS, GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SNES, SMS, Sega Gamegear, and much more.
If you have the old 3ds
If you have the old 3ds
If you have the old 3ds
If you already have the old 3ds

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I planned on saying something similar however now i dont need to XD ... i agree if GFX is what your after than build/buy a massive gaming computer and there ya go ... and in my humble opinion i beleive the switch has lightyears to go before it even thinks about killing the 3ds at this point with all the joycon issues and whatnot i hear about the dock scratching the plastic sorry excuse of a digitizer they decided to use on it ... i know plastic is more durable with kids but yea ... there is room for improvement before i ever consider getting one myself ... tho i must admit i do want to try the new zelda game lol
I would of paid $50 more just to have it use gorilla glass instead or whatever material they use for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Its a quality screen.

PC will always be my main platform for gaming. I only own Nintendo just for their exclusives, they compliment each other very well as I get all my 3rd party on PC.

Reactions: Crimson-Fyre

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Then start another project, don't go pooping on other people because you are bored. The Raspberry Pi is literally 35$, buy one of those. There's literally thousands of projects to be done with it.
Or buy a PSP. I am playing Silent Hill right now on my PSP. It's an amazing system for emulation and dirt cheap now.
Do something productive. You will be less bored

That's some great advice right there and you're right there are literally thousands of projects, one of these day i'm going to get one, so I can get my Dreamcast Online, I don't think she has ever been online before.

That is so depressing to read as a thread! so you actually choose a console just because of it being hacked? I always buy a handheld/console because of the actual enjoyment of it and to support the console itself, if its hacked in the future then its something to play at but I certainly do not ever choose a handheld/console on the intention of it being hacked, man you need hanging!!!

well, the Hacking and the mod community might well be the only people keeping Nintendo alive. they might not sell many games but by gawd what a lot of units shifted.

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, 3DS XL should have been the standard size. Any time I play on a 2DS or a small 3DS I feel like I'm barely able to see what's happening. Though I guess for kids the smaller consoles are easier to hold.

Yeah once you go XL you cant go back. I do love the form factor for the 2ds, and my son is in love with it. So it went to a good home. Cannot get enough of my xl :)

Reactions: Crimson-Fyre

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah once you go XL you cant go back. I do love the form factor for the 2ds, and my son is in love with it. So it went to a good home. Cannot get enough of my xl :)
Meh, i had a DSi XL, and when the 3DS came out, a got a small 3DS. Now, I have a 3DS XL and a regular 3DS, both hacked. I switch as I please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: