Hacking Dont Brick your Wii

dan_s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stumbled across this thread in WiiBrew.

i think it's worth a read.

http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?22,45099

Mabye a new policy by Nintendo to discourage future modders.
Kinda bullshit actually, as there should be nothing wrong with installing homebrew channel, and in no way should it damage your nand beyond repair.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats BS. First of all, I dont see why the guy even needs a drive, he should use a USB loaders and buy a hard drive. However, if he really wants a replacement drive, why bother with Nintendo? Modchipcentral sells replacement drives and does offer some install services as well, for the people who dont want to install the drives themselves.....

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
dan_s said:
I stumbled across this thread in WiiBrew.

i think it's worth a read.

http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?22,45099

Mabye a new policy by Nintendo to discourage future modders.
Kinda bullshit actually, as there should be nothing wrong with installing homebrew channel, and in no way should it damage your nand beyond repair.

This is not a new policy and it clearly states it in the EUL that you agree to by using the Wii system that any unauthorised software will void your warranty

Is it not also a fact that PC manufacturers/sellers also charge for software support and it is not covered by warranty?? Why is this??? Because you are modifying the system beyond what they have deemed as acceptable. Nintendo, microsoft and sony all have the same look on things.

You install ANY unauthorised software at your own risk and it could/would void your warranty if found out.

Chapter II: Unauthorized Software, Services, or Devices or Unlicensed Accessories

Your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service are not designed for use with unauthorized software, services, or devices or non-licensed accessories, and you may not use any of these with your Wii Console or the Wii Network Service. Such use may be illegal, voids any warranty, and is a breach of this agreement. Such use may also lead to injury to you or others or cause performance issues or damage to your Wii Console or the Wii Network Service. We (and our licensees and distributors) are not responsible for damage or loss caused by unauthorized software, services or devices or non-licensed accessories. We may take steps to disable or delete any unauthorized software, services or device installed in your Wii Console, for example, by detecting and disabling them through the Wii Network Service and/or game software. If we detect unauthorized software, services, or devices, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or the Wii Console or games may be unplayable.

This is the same End User License Agreement (EULA) that must be accepted when a Wii console is powered on for the first time

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...privacyEULA.jsp

Thats why the websites that claim that this doesnt void the warranty are talking Shit. If you have a full brick then fine you probably will get away with it but people shouldnt moan if they get caught doing illegal things with thier equipment

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the topic title is wrong, the guy didn't brick his wii. he send his wii working with traces of homebrew

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Thats BS. First of all, I dont see why the guy even needs a drive, he should use a USB loaders and buy a hard drive. However, if he really wants a replacement drive, why bother with Nintendo? Modchipcentral sells replacement drives and does offer some install services as well, for the people who dont want to install the drives themselves.....

He's still going to need a drive to rip his own new games.

Looks to me like Nintendo just wants him to download all his wii iso's from now on, and I personally wouldn't blame him at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte