Donkey Konga 1(U) GC not working on Wiinja v2?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jhoff80, Mar 15, 2007.

Mar 15, 2007
  1. jhoff80
    OP

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can't confirm that this is specifically a chip issue, but I've tried a disc of all the donkey konga games using the GCOS self-boot tool, and a mini-dvdr of just donkey konga 1 (u), and it gave me a black screen.

I never had a chance to try this mini-dvd on a gamecube, so I'm not entirely sure its the chip, but has anyone else had issues with some Gamecube games?

2. jhoff80
    OP

United States
    I'm testing some of my GC discs to see, and one thing Nintendo definitely needs, besides adding the ability to use the GC pad as a cursor for the channels menu, is an autoboot function.

In other words, if you turn the system on using the power button, or the remote, then it should bring you to channels, but if you turn the system on by inserting a disc, it should definitely start up the disc channel right away.

Update: Its looking like this is either a problem with the iso, or something weird that this one game does, because nothing else I've tested had any issue.

3. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Donkey konga 1 (pal) works fine here on my cyclowiz however no.2 crashes on the title screen

4. jhoff80
    OP

United States
    The GCOS disc I burned had 1 and 2 in PAL, NTSC-J, NTSC-U, and 3 in NTSC-J. Not one of the 3 Donkey Konga 1 versions worked. Donkey Konga 2, NTSC-U worked, PAL gave me a green screen I assume because my monitor doesn't support PAL, and NTSC-J started working and froze when it asked me if I wanted progressive scan mode. The NTSC-U DK2 worked fine both in the multigame disc, and the mini-dvdr of it I had already. NTSC-J DK3 works fine.

This is on a US Wii.

Also, like I said, after I found this out, I tested about 25-30 different GC discs and they all worked completely fine, so I guess its just this one game.

5. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Just burn a full disc then rather than a multi-iso one?

6. jhoff80
    OP

United States
    Yeah I tried that. The original disc that I used was a mini-dvd-r with just DK1 (U) on it, and that had the same issue.

7. ssj4android

Member ssj4android GBAtemp Regular

Huh. Does the retail version work? I have it around here somewhere. I don't know where the bongos are though. That's what I get for letting other people play my games.

8. jhoff80
    OP

United States
    It turns out it was because I used a shrunk image. So if you're planning on using a GC iso on your Wii make sure you don't remove the empty space.