Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Switch gameplay trailer

Nintendo has uploaded a trailer that focuses on the upcoming Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze port for the Nintendo Switch. In the video, we get to see gameplay of it running on the Switch, as well as a snippet of the new Funky Kong mode for the game. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze originally launched on the Wii U in 2014, for $49.99, and will release for the Nintendo Switch on May 4, 2018 for $59.99. The game is around 6.6GB, half the size of the Wii U version, and will also have loading times that are 2x faster than the original version.

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's worrying to see Nintendo charging $60 for everything. This is a 2014 game which was released for $50. And looks like the only new addition is the "Funky Kong Mode". So, no new levels, which is disappointing. Compare with Batman Return to Arkham. Two games for $40.

This is a fantastic game for sure, but Nintendo is going too far.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a game I wouldn't mind going through again. I don't want to use the analog sticks with a platformer though. it just feels unnatural.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happier if it included both wii u donkey kong games (the wii one was ported to wii u if I recall), or at least a reduced price. I'll pick this up eventually, but definitely used.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: godreborn

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta admit, I'm way overhyped for this one. Absolutely loved dkcr for 3ds, and didn't have a Wii u. IIrc dkcr was one of the first games I ever 100%. Hopefully tropical freeze can outdo returns for me.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I'd like to see a dkc collection at some point with every dkc game on it. unfortunately, I had hoped that this would've had some new levels in it like returns with its world 9 levels. since each level represents a different world, it would be fitting with dkc tropical freeze as well considering there are 6 worlds and 3 world 7 levels, so it would equal up to 7-9 compared with the 9-9 of returns. it just seemed like that's what they were going to do. I guess funky kong mode is easy mode kinda like the three hearts thing in returns? I wish they had done more than that. it's a great game nonetheless, but they should've offered more than that. :(

Reactions: osaka35

AngeloftheNight091

Trophies
Website
www.snowpointtemple.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gotta admit, I'm way overhyped for this one. Absolutely loved dkcr for 3ds, and didn't have a Wii u. IIrc dkcr was one of the first games I ever 100%. Hopefully tropical freeze can outdo returns for me.

Tropical Freeze was an amazing game! Its awesome.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It just get costly getting all the same games over again.. even when its for something like a character. Its going to be difficult to justify this kind of a purchase.

Reactions: rileysrjay

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropical Freeze was an amazing game! Its awesome.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It just get costly getting all the same games over again.. even when its for something like a character. Its going to be difficult to justify this kind of a purchase.
I've heard nothing but good things so far, so I have high hopes for it. Personally If I had a Wii U and already played something like tropical freeze/bayonetta/captain toad I probably wouldn't be buying it again on switch unless I knew I absolutely had to have a portable version of the game. Tbh The only game I could see myself buying for switch if I already had a Wii U would be mk8 for portability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."