Hacking Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze black title screen

Clutteris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got donkey Kong tropical freeze and the update working on NAND, but now whenever i launch it from the home screen it shows the title screen and then goes black freezing the console. It takes a hard reset for me to be able to do anything again. Any help is appreciated. (:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a corrupted install. it's unlikely to be a cfw or a ticket issue. both shouldn't allow the game to be launched. I'm wondering if the op downloaded the game from the eshop or installed it with wup. I bought the game from the eshop myself. I'm playing it at this very moment in fact and I'm using cbhc. however, like I said, I have a legit ticket. that game shoujldn't require cfw anyway though; since it has a disc version, a legit ticket should be available..

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sounds like a corrupted install. it's unlikely to be a cfw or a ticket issue. both shouldn't allow the game to be launched. I'm wondering if the op downloaded the game from the eshop or installed it with wup. I bought the game from the eshop myself. I'm playing it at this very moment in fact and I'm using cbhc. however, like I said, I have a legit ticket. that game shoujldn't require cfw anyway though; since it has a disc version, a legit ticket should be available..

My guess was that he installed an out of region version and doesn't have CFW to be region free.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unknown. both haxchi and mocha are region free. I don't think the game would even launch if that were the case.

wup doesn't check if there's enough space wherever it's installing. normally, you'll get an error, but maybe that didn't happen here (the game is over 10GBs). new installs for NAND go in mlc/usr/import/00050000/title id . maybe part of the install is in there. I'd suggest the op install to usb. that's where I have the game. I've never had an issue with it. :)

Reactions: Chakratos

Clutteris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try another delete and re-install hopefully it'll work this time. Lol. I'm running coldboot haxchi and I used usb helper with that key site to get a us version of the game, because I have a us Wii u. I also have cbhc set to autoboot to home screen I'm pretty sure with CFW running.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try another delete and re-install hopefully it'll work this time. Lol. I'm running coldboot haxchi and I used usb helper with that key site to get a us version of the game, because I have a us Wii u. I also have cbhc set to autoboot to home screen I'm pretty sure with CFW running.
None of the NUS downloaders are 100% fool proof. They can occasionally result in a corrupt download. I would try a redownload/install. If still not working, try a different downloader.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you by any chance trying to play it off screen?? Because that very game displays a black screen on the gamepad after the title screen if you forget to select view on gamepad at the very start when you load the game. It also does this in reverse if you select view on gamepad the tv will just show a black screen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is true, but the fact that it requires a hard reset to get back to the home screen (assuming the home button was already tested) suggests corruption. plus, it doesn't turn black until a game is selected or the game is started up for the first time.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is true, but the fact that it requires a hard reset to get back to the home screen (assuming the home button was already tested) suggests corruption. plus, it doesn't turn black until a game is selected or the game is started up for the first time.
Yep was only a suggestion as the op did not say they tried the home button and the black screen is happening at the very point it would if they are viewing it on the wrong device lol.

My guess was that he installed an out of region version and doesn't have CFW to be region free.
Your guess would be totally wrong then as without cfw an out of region game will not boot and they would have a message saying the game is not for the region of the WiiU yet the op says it boots to the title screen. So they either have the version for their region or they have out of region and are using cfw.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone through that game more times than I can count, but I had forgotten about it going to a black screen in the first place. lol then, I remembered at which point that would happen. it should fade to black when it's going to the map screen after loading a saved game or when the opening video starts. it should not go to a black screen before that since it's an option germane to the saved game in question. :P

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've gone through that game more times than I can count, but I had forgotten about it going to a black screen in the first place. lol then, I remembered at which point that would happen. it should fade to black when it's going to the map screen after loading a saved game or when the opening video starts. it should not go to a black screen before that since it's an option germane to the saved game in question. :P
Very true like i said just a suggestion from me. We need more info from the op to determine what is going on or even better a video of them booting it so as we can see exactly when the black screen happens.

Clutteris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for all of the help! (: The game freezes still after I completely cleared my install cache and put I fresh download and install on my SD, I then also tried a fresh download via the transfer tool and still the same problem. It wouldn't bother me much, but this is literally the only title that does this so it confuses me lol. I might just keep reinstalling for the time being and try a different downloader next.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check if any parts of the game are here:

Code:
usb_01/usr/import/00050000/title id of game

change usb_01 to mlc_01 if you're trying to install it to the internal flash.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try the game without the update. I suppose it could be ticket related, but shouldn't allow you to boot up the game. use tik2sd to get a txt with your ticket locations and the tickets themselves. see if tropical freeze is listed more than once.

Clutteris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check if any parts of the game are here:

Code:
usb_01/usr/import/00050000/title id of game

change usb_01 to mlc_01 if you're trying to install it to the internal flash.
Checking now
maybe try the game without the update. I suppose it could be ticket related, but shouldn't allow you to boot up the game. use tik2sd to get a txt with your ticket locations and the tickets themselves. see if tropical freeze is listed more than once.
This is the text file I got, sorry I'm still a novice at this.

Attachments

• keys.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 524

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2