aur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TM_WiiU_DonkeyKongCountryTropicalFreeze.png

Nintendo said:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the first completely new Donkey Kong side-scrolling action game in three years, exclusively for Wii U!

In this adventure, the Kongs must reclaim their island from the dastardly Vikings of the northern seas. To do this, they need to set off on a journey around five different islands, plus the frozen Donkey Kong Island.

This will be the first game in the series to be in HD, bringing glorious detail and expression to the world. Depending on the stage, you can swivel or move the camera around to view dynamic scenes while enjoying the rich gameplay.

Along with Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong returns as a main character. Your abilities change depending on which partner you bring along, opening up new choices and possibilities. There’s even a cooperative two-player mode, with each player controlling one of the characters and working together to progress through the game!

just to create a thread... quite enjoyed the Wii one, this has a couple of interesting ideas

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How long has it been since Retro Studio was teasing us with their, "we're working on a title that everyone wants us to do". I definately haven't seen anyone saying they wanted a sequel to DKC:R that badly (although I did enjoy the Wii version).

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Deleted member 329676

All sweet & honeycomb
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long has it been since Retro Studio was teasing us with their, "we're working on a title that everyone wants us to do". I definately haven't seen anyone saying they wanted a sequel to DKC:R that badly (although I did enjoy the Wii version).

Yeah... not sure this was the title I would have referred to. I'll be getting this at some point, but it's not at the top of my priority list.

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
I read somewhere it has the same controls as the Wii game, but possibly tablet controls too - which would have no motion.
Hoping they make Classic Controller compatible too (or a hack is released by the time its out - same as the Wii version)

Are Diddy or Dixie playable in 1player mode? And who will be the forth playable character??! Kiddy, Tiny, Lanky, Chunky - but I'm betting Funky Kong....

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
DAVID WISE! OMG! HOLY SHIT! I'm still in a state of shock from hearing that yesterday, unbelievable.
Glad they went with DK first instead of Metroid. Retro wanted to continue with Donkey Kong Country, in the end you'll get a much better game if they do something they really want to do. The decision was entirely up to them, once they feel like doing Metroid again it'll result in a much better title than it would have now. Even more so if you consider that they'll have more knowledge of the hardware by that time.

Reactions: geoflcl
D

Deleted_171835

Was initially disappointed that Retro was making this instead of Metroid but watching the Cannon Canyon gameplay, it actually looks really really good.

The music really does make it all that much better. <3 David Wise.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That would have been me. I absolutely fucking loved Donkey Kong Country Returns, so this news is easily the best thing I've heard from E3. :bow:

I can certainly understand metroid fans aren't that happy, but...sorry. I can only hope for these guys they'll get to work on that after this game is released. :)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DAVID WISE! OMG! HOLY SHIT! I'm still in a state of shock from hearing that yesterday, unbelievable.
Glad they went with DK first instead of Metroid. Retro wanted to continue with Donkey Kong Country, in the end you'll get a much better game if they do something they really want to do. The decision was entirely up to them, once they feel like doing Metroid again it'll result in a much better title than it would have now. Even more so if you consider that they'll have more knowledge of the hardware by that time.
I agree with you, but at the same time, it's so hard to be patient, and we haven't gotten a quality Metroid game since 2007... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte