Hacking donkey kong country returns strange USB loader GX issue

satanishere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my console is a japanese console, running 4.2 using v935 of USB Loader GX, i recently updated (as in 2 days ago) my cios 249 to the most recent version. I have an NTSC-U copy of donkey kong country returns and when i try to use usb loader to play the game it loads fine. however, no matter what i do the game is being forced to japanese, leaving most of the text as question marks. any idea how i can get this working?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
dont use UsbLoader Gx it has lots of bugs
use Configurable usb loader its more stable

zap51987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue with an imported Japanese Wii too. Configurable USB Loader does not seem to help, and I've played with all the language and country settings.

Anyone have any thoughts?

MasonTwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same issue with my Japanese Wii and Configurable USB Loader. Trying to change the language settings doesn't seem to make a difference.

satanishere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
dont use UsbLoader Gx it has lots of bugs
use Configurable usb loader its more stable

i have nearly 0 issues with the thing and as you can see from the posts below the software you mentioned is no better either.

tankl224

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
MasonTwo said:
I'm getting the same issue with my Japanese Wii and Configurable USB Loader. Trying to change the language settings doesn't seem to make a difference.

same here...........using configurable usb loader.
looks like a font is missing somewhere

satanishere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tankl224 said:
MasonTwo said:

same here...........using configurable usb loader.
looks like a font is missing somewhere

would that be within the game itself or within USB loader?

cyberant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Same problem here... Using Wiiflow...

I don't think the characters are missing. I think it's trying to act like a japanese version and when it looks for the Japanese characters he can't find them because those don't exist in the U/E versions... However, the menu titles still appear (probably bitmaps. probably leftover in the U/E version).

It feels like I can't fool the game that the Wii's language is English. This is second game I'm having trouble for this (the first one being Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands; maybe Sonic and the Black Knight too but I haven't bothered confirming that one yet).

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the loader, it's the game.

I was using NeoGamma and it kept displaying in Japanese. I have a USA Wii, but the shop channel I changed to Japan (so I can buy jap games) and had to change the shop channel back to US.

In theory if you have a Jap wii just change the shop to US and should be in Eng...if you use the Jap shop (like me) just change it back when you want to shop.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tubebar said:

I was using NeoGamma and it kept displaying in Japanese. I have a USA Wii, but the shop channel I changed to Japan (so I can buy jap games) and had to change the shop channel back to US.

In theory if you have a Jap wii just change the shop to US and should be in Eng...if you use the Jap shop (like me) just change it back when you want to shop.

I have an ntsc wii with the japanese shop channel and don't have this problem. the issue with changing the region of your shop channel back and forth is that you will lose your shop channel account and what ever channels you have downloaded from it as well as what ever wii points your account had with each change. you could just install what ever wad you want to avoid this.

ps. i use gx and have never had any problems with it. I really don't understand why everyone feels that it's "buggy as hell".

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
I have an ntsc wii with the japanese shop channel and don't have this problem. the issue with changing the region of your shop channel back and forth is that you will lose your shop channel account and what ever channels you have downloaded from it as well as what ever wii points your account had with each change. you could just install what ever wad you want to avoid this.

ps. i use gx and have never had any problems with it. I really don't understand why everyone feels that it's "buggy as hell".

Na you won't lose anything on shop channel it's just the region flag. Don't try to login or you'll get a connection error that's all. To much speculation on the channel. The issue is when you want to change your shop you have to close your account and you lose everything.

All I can say is what worked for me and about the shop channel.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tubebar said:
smash_brew said:

Na you won't lose anything on shop channel it's just the region flag. Don't try to login or you'll get a connection error that's all. To much speculation on the channel. The issue is when you want to change your shop you have to close your account and you lose everything.

All I can say is what worked for me and about the shop channel.

i'm just speaking from experience. when i changed my shop channel region i lost the couple channels i had actually downloaded and the wii points i had left. i switched it back to the us shop channel once and i lost the few japanese channels i downloaded. i then just changed it back to the japanese channel and let it be. i had only downloaded some of the free japanese channels just for shits and giggles anyway. i've also heard story from other users that did the same with atd. do what you want. just trying to give a warning of what will happen. if you change your shop region you're going to lose your account including what ever you purchased.

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you did, changing the shop region and changing the shop are two different things.

To change the shop you login to your account and close it, that deletes everything.

To change the region just change the flag using Anyregion changer. If you try to login it will give you an error, no channels get deleted etc. as Nintendo doesn't even know about it.

cyberant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
tubebar said:

Works great!

However, when the game first ran after changing the shop region, the older save file got considered corrupted. So if anyone has made any progress s/he doesn't want to lose it might be better not to do so until s/he finishes the game or backups the older save file.

result:
-donkey kong returns - works. older save file "corrupted"!
-red steel 1 - works.
-sonic and the black knight - semi-black screen (active wiimote; "no-home" symbol when pressing the home button)
-prince of persia forgotten sands - still no sound.

Overall I'm satisfied. but if there are ways to fix sonic and PoP, I'd like to know that. (specifically PoP's sound problem).

Thanks!
yaywii.gif

satanishere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
I have a US Wii and DKR will just boot to a black screen. Is there any trick for booting this game?

dont threadjack. make a new thread for your issue.

Posts merged

smash_brew said:
QUOTE(tubebar @ Nov 27 2010, 10:57 PM) It's not the loader, it's the game.

[url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer][url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer]http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer[/url][/url]

haters gonna hate. thats why haha.

Posts merged

so we have confirmed that the only way to get this working is get the region appropriate version of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg