Donkey Kong Country Returns now available on the Nvidia Shield in China only

While you can already get your Donkey Kong Country Returns fix by playing it on the Nintendo Wii or 3DS, those in China get to experience the game in a way that no other region can: on the NVIDIA Shield. Running at 1080p and 60fps, this is the best performing and looking version of the game you can play, officially. Much like the 3DS port, there are no motion controls, and DKCR can be played entirely with a standard controller. If you want to know how the game plays on the Shield, you can check out some footage, which was uploaded to YouTube. This is the fourth Nintendo Wii title to come to the Shield, following Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have long wished this game would come out on the Switch running at 1080p 60fps. It looks great on Dolphin.

I love dkc returns on the wii. I've gone through the game so many times. haha yeah, I'm hoping some day we can play the extra stages from the 3ds version on the tv.

Reactions: KiiWii

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Ohhh, but it might corrupt the minds of the youth. Not sure if China's new dictator will be able to keep them under his heel if they are influenced by Donkey Kong!

You couldn't be more right! How will they protect the children from this now?!

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What device do you need to shake to move?

the wii version. you also have to shake when you get one of those dk barrels at the end of a level. the 3ds has that mapped to buttons. I can just imagine dropping the 3ds if you had to use motion controls. anyway, it's not as bad as everyone says, though it can feel awkward, almost as if they were trying to find any excuse to have motion controls in a wii game.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How have these not been RE’d yet? I would love to play SMG on my Shield TV.

I periodically check dolphins ability to play Wii sports on it too, and rn it is close, but still sloooowwww.
From what I remember, it's because there are online license checks that are, so far, difficult to remove/bypass.

Which is a shame, because I would love to get my hand on all of these, SMG without motion controls sounds interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol