Donkey Kong Country 2 won't work for me anymore on blargsnes and hax 2.5...

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by thebatdadd, Nov 6, 2015.

1. thebatdadd
    OP

thebatdadd GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    I used to have a Japanese N3DS a few months ago that was able to run Donkey Kong Country 2 on blargsnes, along with FCEUMM Nes Emulator 100% with no issues. However I just picked up a N3DS XL and the emulation is really lacking on hax 2.5. What happened? On the latest build of blargsnes and hax 2.5 on my N3DS DKC2 won't boot anymore and FCEUMM runs choppy. They used to work flawless on my Japanese N3DS on ninjhax 2.0 a few months ago...

If anyone has an N3DS, blargsnes, and hax 2.5, can you try Donkey Kong Country 2 and see if it works for you?

2. MannCo

MannCo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, DKC2 and DKC3 worked for me too on Blargnes for a while, and one day suddenly stopped working. I have no idea why.

3. Author

Author ****NEWS**FLASH**** 1 /̵͇̿̿/'̿-̅-̅-̅''

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    I believe the cause of this is simply lack of optimization. Try CatSFC as a replacement for blargSNES and any of RetroArch's NES emulators as a replacement for FCEUMM..

4. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    I'm guessing the cause is the same reason why with hax 2.5 a bunch of apps don't work full speed anymore... They messed around with the n3ds clock speed stuff and it requires a recode to work properly

5. thebatdadd
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the responses, so in the meantime there's no way to revert back to 2.1 until 2.5 becomes a little more fleshed out?

Also I'll try out CarSFC for SNES games, thanks for the tip. I tried the other SNES retroarch emulator (SNES 9X I think it was) and it left a lot to be desired.

6. NaokiKitsuhine

NaokiKitsuhine GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2008
    Brazil
    I'm Playing DKC2 on CatSFC and I'm not having any issues
    just the music sounding a little diferente but no lag or whatever

N3DS

7. thebatdadd
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    Thanks yeah I tried CatSFC and DKC2 is working great, great SNES emulator!

Thanks for the help everyone. I already asked this in the retroarch nightly build topic but figure I'd might as well bring it up here too, my gpsp retroarch emulator isrunning a little poor too. I've only tried Pokemon Fire Red, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island. Pokemon runs great but the other 2 are choppy. Is this normal? I've been hearing that retroarch GPSP is near 100% so I just think it might be a little weird. I'm running the builds from November 3rd at the moment.

8. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Does Catsfc work very well at all on o3DS? I'm betting no.

9. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    Isn't there a bad dump pf dkc2? I seem to remember a version where boxes wouldn't open in most emulators, perhaps it's something to do with that?

10. thebatdadd
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    CatSFC does not work well on o3DS, I would recommend blargsnes for o3DS.

Also I got retroarch gpsp working smoothly, turns out I forgot that I had turned vsync off when I first booted up the emulator haha. Turned it back on and now the emulator is great, all games run buttery smooth.