Homebrew Donkey Kong 64 Trying to emulate on Not64

Winner2122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Original Wii and I'm trying to emulate Donkey kong 64 on it, and once I leave the tree house in-game, the camera, refreshes every 2 seconds, making the game "unplayable". If anybody knows how to fix this, or suggest me a different emulator that would be greatly appreciated! (video on issue is below)

Side note: I'm using Not64 because Wii64 does not work for me.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just the way it runs in Not64. It's not unplayable, but the camera glitch is distracting.

It makes precision platforming portions of the game very difficult, but fortunately there aren't too many of those.

I suspect a romhack could fix it - really we just have to tweak the camera when it zooms around a fixed perspective.

I doubt it's worth an emulator dev's time to fix a particular glitch in a particular game though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you can try wii64 rice i think it worked preety well in there

download this https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases

use the one that says rice

games for wii64 go in sd:wii64/roms
saves go into sd:wii64/saves

if you dont have those folders create them. on the wii64 settings turn nand page file to on and save setting to sd card.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
you can try wii64 rice i think it worked preety well in there

download this https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases

use the one that says rice

games for wii64 go in sd:wii64/roms
saves go into sd:wii64/saves

if you dont have those folders create them. on the wii64 settings turn nand page file to on and save setting to sd card.
Yeah, in Wii64 1.2 Rice (@FIX94's mod) that game works almost perfectly, so you must use that emulator for DK64 on Wii instead of Not64.

Reactions: JuanMena

Winner2122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's my Wii, but the emulator WON'T Read my SD card! I tried re-locking the sd card and re-formating it, but it just doesn't work! Does someone know how to fix it?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe it's my Wii, but the emulator WON'T Read my SD card! I tried re-locking the sd card and re-formating it, but it just doesn't work! Does someone know how to fix it?
Try cleaning your card and check out if Homebrew Channel isn't sorting your apps by date/name. Sometimes different apps disappears depending on the sorting method.

I second SaulFabre's comment, I've been playing DK64 with Rice Wii64.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Winner2122 also, when you insert your Sd card, push it until it clicks, and don't let go. Wait, and if it loads, then either the Wii's slot or your card are dirty. Brush them gently with a damped SOFT toothbrush.

Winner2122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try cleaning your card and check out if Homebrew Channel isn't sorting your apps by date/name. Sometimes different apps disappears depending on the sorting method.

I second SaulFabre's comment, I've been playing DK64 with Rice Wii64.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Winner2122 also, when you insert your Sd card, push it until it clicks, and don't let go. Wait, and if it loads, then either the Wii's slot or your card are dirty. Brush them gently with a damped SOFT toothbrush.

the thing is, everything works fine with sd card, (emulators, apps, etc.) the only app that doesn't work is Wii64

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
It works fine on the latest build of not64,just turn off fb textures.
Please share the rest of your settings, I just tested it and the camera glitch is the same in 20210829
Not just all the settings, but also what version/build of Not64 are you using.

Guggimon

GBAtemp's Fucker, Alt Banned and McFuckaroo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Original Wii and I'm trying to emulate Donkey kong 64 on it, and once I leave the tree house in-game, the camera, refreshes every 2 seconds, making the game "unplayable". If anybody knows how to fix this, or suggest me a different emulator that would be greatly appreciated! (video on issue is below)

That is NOT gonna work haha

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have Wiixplorer? Try opening the Wii 64 boot.dol from there and see it opens.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do you have Wiixplorer? Try opening the Wii 64 boot.dol from there and see it opens.
his problem with wii64 is because he was using zipped files and since it didnt see any actual z64/n64 etc files it said no games found... some people dont read what files each emulator with and just expect anything to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: