Hacking Done The Bootmii 2 install but Wii still boots to normal menu

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to update my softmod from a 3.2e Softmii to a 4.1 Bootmii, and I thought I'd done it - I've had the Bootmii menu up, made a NAND backup, but when I reset my Wii it still boots to the normal Wii system menu and it still shows a 3.2e firmware, despite me having downloaded 4.1 via a WAD manager.

Any one got any idea what I'm doing wrong? The Bootmii folder was in the root directory of the SD card like it's meant to be, so what gives?

Please bear in mind I'm basically a noob cos it's been so long since my last mod, so please try and keep it 'plain english'.

Thanks.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually have the same problem i occasionaly when i power on my wii from not being played in 2 weeks i get the bootmii menu but after that it just loads to the wii menu every time. not sure what happened or whyit's not always booting up bootmii but as long as i can access the HBC I'll be alright.

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Just for sh!ts and giggles, what happens if you boot with no SD card in the slot?

Just the same - just boots to normal Wii system menu.

I don't remember reading anything specific about 'the Sneek' in the 'Modmii for windows' guide. I will try the top sticky later today.

Thanks - let you know how it goes.

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
What files are in your bootmii folder?
EDIT - I can answer it now:

In my SD card bootmii folder I've got - armboot.bin, ppcboot.elf and a bootmii configuaration setting file.

I've been following the 4.3 guide sticky as suggested. I now have a 4.2E system menu, but I still can't get Bootmii 2 to work, even tho it installs successfully when using Hackmii Installer.

Also, my Wii won't boot with the SD card inserted - just sticks on a blackscreen - I have to take it out, it then boots via the Health Warning screen (which I have to Press A to, whereas I didn't with my Softmii mod) and then I insert my SD card once the main wii menu has loaded. I do have the SD card menu shortcut on my main menu, and I can get Bootmii via the HBC, but I'm a bit nervous about proceeding with the rest of the guide until I can get Bootmii 2 to work.

I've tried installing Bootmii 2 multiple times. Could someone clarify the installation process in Hackmii for me?

- Do I have to 'prepare the SD card'?
- Do I have to install the Bootmii IOS before the Bootmii 2, or after, or not at all?
- Once I have run the Bootmii install correctly in Hackmii, do I have to do anything else before Bootmii 2 should work on reboot?

Thanks.

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a look at running Priiloader anyway, but I get an ES_Identify error - 4294966279 and it goes on about some problem with IOS 58.

So at the moment I'm seemingly unable to brick protect my wii
frown.gif

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got Priiloader now and it's successfully blocking disk updates and seems to provide brick protection by loading when holding down Reset on reboot. I had been ignoring the bit in the Priiloader installer where it suggests trying holding B and pressing + if pressing + on its own doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16