• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Donald Trump announces he has COVID-19

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember the Russians?

... or Adam Schiff who claims it was China.

In other news and on the actual topic of this thread Trump didn't get that sick at all or even remotely get close to dying. He's fully recovered and now has antibodies so he can't get infected in the near future. So as I expected and due to the fact COVID isn't that deadly Trump has made a full recovery. Thank the heavens as we didn't need an incapacitated or dead President.

Reactions: UltraSUPRA

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump's Covid-19 condition was so concerning that doctors considered putting him on a ventilator, source confirms

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/politics/donald-trump-covid-19-ventilator/index.html

Approximately 30-50% of patients whose COVID-19 conditions are bad enough to require ventilators end up dying. We shouldn't be surprised that Trump's case was this severe, given the updates we received at the time and the question-dodging reporters were getting with regard to things like supplemental oxygen, Trump's obesity, Trump's age, etc.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just waiting for him to get AIDS. :blush:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes. I saw on news. That's scary. Not sure if will happen to him and his wife maybe going to die in few weeks due to virus. If he and his wife are passed away then too bad after this news release out.

I think Biden is going to win over Trump.

Love the Elvira avatar

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Busted.

Really though, I considered the recent news about the Trump administrations lies regarding the severity of Trump's COVID-19 case worthy of a post but unworthy of a new thread.

Did I get another political thread of something that happended months ago!? Why do people care if someone already recovered months ago. Not trying to be rude, just hate how after the election people are still on politics.
Because there was a bad attempt at a cover-up. You'd think the conservatives looking for a conspiracy would be salivating at the chance to talk about an actual cover-up.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How is this thread still open? He had it and he recovered, I don't think the "severity" of his case is particularly relevant. I'll allow it to stay open since there was a new article posted so people might want to respond to it, but I'll keep an eye on the thread because, in practice, the subject matter is done and gone at this stage. It's not "world news", it's "world olds".

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and this time he can't use his president card to get the cure right away :creep:

Hey! who stole my new pants?!

How is this thread still open? He had it and he recovered, I don't think the "severity" of his case is particularly relevant. I'll allow it to stay open since there was a new article posted so people might want to respond to it, but I'll keep an eye on the thread since, in practice, the subject matter is done and gone at this stage. It's not "world news", it's "world olds".

New avatar I see.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this thread still open? He had it and he recovered, I don't think the "severity" of his case is particularly relevant. I'll allow it to stay open since there was a new article posted so people might want to respond to it, but I'll keep an eye on the thread since, in practice, the subject matter is done and gone at this stage. It's not "world news", it's "world olds".
There seems to be some confusion above this post that Trump got COVID a second time (he didn't), so the thread might need to be locked. My bad, I guess.

That being said, the severity of Trump's COVID-19 and how they blatantly lied about it and attempted to cover it up is extremely relevant to the broader topic of how feckless and dishonest this administration really was.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There seems to be some confusion above this post that Trump got COVID a second time (he didn't), so the thread might need to be locked. My bad, I guess.

That being said, the severity of Trump's COVID-19 and how they blatantly lied about it and attempted to cover it up is extremely relevant to the broader topic of how feckless and dishonest this administration really was.
His case was severe even if he had a sniffle because he was the President at the time. I suspect they planned on throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him to prevent him from dying - he's old and COVID can deteriorate your condition rapidly, especially in Trump's age group and with his weight in mind. He may be in fairly good shape, but he's still old. Not only that, it was still a fairly new disease then, so I bet every kind of treatment was on the table. In any case, yes, Donald Trump didn't catch COVID again, just want that to be clear as others respond to the bump.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His case was severe even if he had a sniffle because he was the President at the time. I suspect they planned on throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him to prevent him from dying - he's old and COVID can deteriorate your condition rapidly, especially in Trump's age group and with his weight in mind. He may be in fairly good shape, but he's still old. Not only that, it was still a fairly new disease then, so I bet every kind of treatment was on the table. In any case, yes, Donald Trump didn't catch COVID again, just want that to be clear as others respond to the bump.
This is all true, but it is being reported that his case was extremely severe and that they thought he might die if they didn't put him on a ventilator. This comports with the press interviews when the doctor would refuse to answer the question about Trump being put on oxygen, repeatedly saying "he's not on oxygen now" instead of answering any of their questions about past oxygen use directly.

I see he's still living rent free in yall's heads.
Relatively speaking, I almost never think about Trump. It's been exhilarating.

psprofi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I know he got meds that also very likely prevented the body to create an immunity to it. That's at least what I have been told. So probably not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs