Dolphin uwp retail change controls

snakebar897

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 years old how to change the controls in Dolphin UWP retail for Xbox Series? thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Specifically, there’s no button assigned to “shake Wii more” for some reason (and no it’s not L3 or R3)

I just want to be able to assign a button for shake.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 years old how to change the controls in Dolphin UWP retail for Xbox Series? thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Specifically, there’s no button assigned to “shake Wii more” for some reason (and no it’s not L3 or R3)

I just want to be able to assign a button for shake.
afaik, you have to change them on the computer, then transfer over the config file.

snakebar897

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, you have to change them on the computer, then transfer over the config file.
I don’t know how to transfer it though. Everyone says put the changed controller settings into the config file, but on my Xbox via ftp I’m not seeing any sort of configuration folder with Dolphin. The folder see,s to be called Vappypub for some reason and there’s no config folder.

Reactions: xgruntx

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know how to transfer it though. Everyone says put the changed controller settings into the config file, but on my Xbox via ftp I’m not seeing any sort of configuration folder with Dolphin. The folder see,s to be called Vappypub for some reason and there’s no config folder.
I'm not sure if you need to create the folder still or not, so I can't help further. you used to have to create the config folder by going into that small menu with the L3 and one of the center buttons.

snakebar897

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s explained in this video

Sorry but my question isn't answered at all

-I'm specifically talking about retail. Dev mode appears to have totally different steps

-my emu (1.12) doesn't have this option to create a "Dolphin emulator" folder

naed06

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you Change the default configuration folder to usb? as explained in the video?

Edit: just read you don’t have that option, as soon as the files are back online to download I’ll give it a try and see what options I get

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dev and retail will use the same config if you put it on external. It may not use the same location for games if on external, since external is drive d on retail and drive e on dev mode.

ManuMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry were you able to solve it? I have the same problem and not having downloaded the emulator in DEV mode I don't know how to set the custom controller commands

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry were you able to solve it? I have the same problem and not having downloaded the emulator in DEV mode I don't know how to set the custom controller commands
afaik, you have to do so on dolphin on the pc, which means syncing the controller to pc, which is a major pita or lack of convenience.

Reactions: ManuMaker

ManuMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
afaik, you have to do so on dolphin on the pc, which means syncing the controller to pc, which is a major pita or lack of convenience.

I thank you for your answer, however, how do I do this?
I saw the video guide posted above on how to set the controls, i.e. copy the "Config" of the emulator from the PC to the "Dolphin Emulator" folder on the Xbox stick, only I don't have that folder in the stick (probably because I downloaded the emulator without Dev) and even trying to create it myself doesn't change anything (yes I've already tried).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thank you for your answer, however, how do I do this?
I saw the video guide posted above on how to set the controls, i.e. copy the "Config" of the emulator from the PC to the "Dolphin Emulator" folder on the Xbox stick, only I don't have that folder in the stick (probably because I downloaded the emulator without Dev) and even trying to create it myself doesn't change anything (yes I've already tried).
I'm not sure. one of my config files work, but the other didn't. you could say something is wrong with this method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: