Homebrew Dolphin SVN 6066 Problems (OpenGL)

ShodanWii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've been on the site for a while, but have never really posted until now. =)

Well I've been trying to get Dolphin to work for a while. I'm emulating Dolphin on Windows 7 Ultimate on my Intel Core i7 iMac with 4 GB of ram, 1 TB HD, and 4700 (I think) Radeon HD Graphics card. I've tried getting Dolphin to work on Mac OS X natively...to no avail. (SVN Builds don't work, and there is no 2.0 version for Mac OS X yet) So I ended up reverting to Dolphin running through Windows 7 Ultimate on VMWare Fusion. (I set 3 GB of ram to VMWare). I can get games to work fine with Direct3D9, but with the specific game Wii Party (JPN-NTSC), it horribly messes up the graphics. Then, I switched to OpenGL, and that's where the problem is. When I run the game (or any other game) it pracitcally moves the entire game image down (and cuts it off) and black is at the top of the render window. The top 1/4-1/3 is black, and the bottom of the game is cut off. Is there any easy way to fix this? Someone told me to use Boot Camp and run Windows through that, but I only want to resort to that at last cost. If someone could help me fix this or get it running full on Mac OS X that would be great! Thanks! =)

Also: http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-10724.html I've tried using the settings here, but it needs OpenGL. The game runs fine with Direct3D9, but graphics are messed up.

Thank you! =D

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a pc. i hate macs for this reason.

it could be that dolphin is not perfectly compatible with wii party. it is a very good emulator, but not perfect yet. i don't really want to test it as i have a wii so i play the game on the system.

ShodanWii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
get a pc. i hate macs for this reason.

it could be that dolphin is not perfectly compatible with wii party. it is a very good emulator, but not perfect yet. i don't really want to test it as i have a wii so i play the game on the system.

I have a PC, but it's a laptop and can't nearly run Dolphin good enough. I can play it on my wii, it's I just want to play it in HD. (720p or 1080p is fine, lol) =P Do you know if it worked better if I actually installed W7 on a different partition?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could imagine it would run better if you did install windows on a partition rather than using virtual machines, but as far as i understand opengl on dolphin is very slow anyway

ShodanWii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clarky said:
i could imagine it would run better if you did install windows on a partition rather than using virtual machines, but as far as i understand opengl on dolphin is very slow anyway

I guess I'll try that. Does anybody have any other dies?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.