Homebrew Dolphin emulator is great!! Look!

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done by me.

Game = Sports Party (Wii)
Version = Dolphin SVN r18 x64
Graphic = Dolphin OGL 01
DSP = Dolphin DSP-HLE Plugin
Pad = Dolphin KB/X360pad
Playable = Yes
Special bios require = yes because without it.. you wont run it at all.
Error = no wiiremote supporting so it cannot go further without it.
Dual Core = Yes

x5ba05.png

2uif0b7.png

166mype.png

Game = Legend of Zelda Wink Waker (USA)
Graphic = Dolphin OGL 01
Pad = Dolphin KB/X360pad
Playable = Yes
Error = Yes, telescope fixed!
I am at Forbidden Forest so nothing is wrong so far.
smile.gif

Dual Core = Yes

2lt0b4l.png

2hyks2e.png

2nc2vyt.png

Game = Megaman Network Transmission (USA)
Graphic = Dolphin OGL 01
Pad = Dolphin KB/X360pad
Playable = Yes
Error = I dont see anything wrong with it.
Dual Core = Yes

j9amu1.png

2r4396a.png

It is playable and speed is great! Great job, Devs team!!!!

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
Did you update it yourself?

Yes.. Why ?

Game = Megaman Anniversary Collection (USA)
Graphic = Dolphin OGL 01
Pad = Dolphin KB/X360pad
Playable = Yes
Error = It will be white for a while then everything's fine.
smile.gif

Dual Core = Yes

28anv38.png

10hr5w6.png

105wb5u.png

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried substituting a and b for buttons on a gamepad, and see what happens? Think you can make a plugin using glovepie?

Also, where can I download this masterpiece? (I'm on x64 Vista, which reminds me, does this support SSE4? What instruction sets?)

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
Have you tried substituting a and b for buttons on a gamepad, and see what happens? Think you can make a plugin using glovepie?

Also, where can I download this masterpiece?

I am using joy2key and you can also use Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll and everything's fine:

25gv2ao.jpg

Drooling ?
smile.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That would work perfectly with my 360 pad, but I meant for the wii game, I guess there is no plugin for that yet? (Not even buttons?)

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont get it from there with r18 and r19 is out right now. How to get it ? Compiling them yourself with Visual Studio 2008.
smile.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Huh. So, pardon me for being unenlightened so to say, but was there really a good GCN emulator in the first place? This, should it continue to work as shown, could possibly fit the "two birds with one stone" thing.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Dual core was bullshit on SVN. I check my system stats, it maxed out my first core, but my second core was 0% (Along with my 2 other cores, which I can understand, since it IS dual core function not quad).

Yes, I did set dual core to true on the dolphine config file.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
Dual core was bullshit on SVN. I check my system stats, it maxed out my first core, but my second core was 0% (Along with my 2 other cores, which I can understand, since it IS dual core function not quad).

If your computer have dual core.. It's worth because I have and look at the fps speed.
smile.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
RockmanForte said:
Westside said:

If your computer have dual core.. It's worth because I have and look at the fps speed.
smile.gif
wtf.gif
What I meant was dual core does not do anything to the game where it should. My FPS is still around 35. I KNOW that my second core is not being used because it is always 0% and idling when the emulator is on, while my 1st core is around 100%.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought the newest was still r5? Or is that just the newest version someone's compiled on the interwebs?
Still, this is impressive. We should be seeing an official release soon which fixes some problems as well.
I still can't believe Dolphin's actually been updated lol.

QUOTE said:
Huh. So, pardon me for being unenlightened so to say, but was there really a good GCN emulator in the first place? This, should it continue to work as shown, could possibly fit the "two birds with one stone" thing.
Well no, there aren't any other half-decent NGC emulators, but this has been just an NGC emulator for years. I was wondering when someone would start work on a Wii emulator anyway, as it's incredibly easy to emulate compared to the 360 and PS3 which probably won't be emulated for years to come.

Here's hoping there is support for something after the intros as well, but I doubt it. Intros are one thing, in-game is a completely different kettle of fish.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that gamecube emulation was anything near this good. I almost finished the PS2 version of re4 when I could have had this!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I didn't know that gamecube emulation was anything near this good. I almost finished the PS2 version of re4 when I could have had this!
That's because when the last version of Dolphin came out about a year ago, it needed Dual Core and a 64-bit Operating System (and mobo of course). Seeing as both were harder to come by then, NGC emulation was a premium for those with very up-to-date PCs. Since then PCs have got more powerful, but of course no-one has spoken about Dolphin for ages, and so it was pretty much forgotten.
Now it can play on 32-bit, and most machines have dual cores, it's far more available to everyone. Truth is, the actual emulator has hardly improved much since a year ago, it doesn't even support any new titles, it's just a few FPS faster.

And NGC emulation still isn't that great. Outside of Wind Waker and Melee, almost every other game is painfully slow or has glitches/black screens rendering the game unplayable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.