.dol to .iso converter for gamecube

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Captain Gynu, Jan 3, 2010.

Jan 3, 2010
  1. Captain Gynu
    OP

Newcomer Captain Gynu Member

United States
    First off I'll start by saying that I'm a noob when it comes to computers and the programming stuff. If I want homebrew, I fallow the instructions carefully to get what I need.

My question is about the GCLoader for the wii homebrew channel.
    The readme says in order to play the game, I need to copy the .dol file into the roms folder, except the gamecube roms I have are .iso. At least I think they are
    (when i extracted the game it made a folder full of different .rar archives)

I'm not sure if the loader will read this and work, or if I have to convert it or something, please help!

2. mayhem366

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I am assuming that your iso file is a gamecube backup of an original disc, in this case, the GCLoader won't run it as this was designed for GameCube homebrew only.

To run GameCube backups, you need to look into the gamecube backup loader and have some spare dvds ready.

3. Captain Gynu
    OP

Newcomer Captain Gynu Member

United States
    I checked out the backup loader and its pretty cool. I've looked around on the forums, but I can't seem to find something.

Another question is,
    I have the backup launcher working and stuff, but I can't seem to find out how to burn it onto a dvd, is there an app somewhere that can help me?

4. mayhem366

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    To burn your iso to a dvd just use a program called Imgburn. It is free and easy to use.
    There are some pretty decent multi disc creators for the GameCube so you can put 5 games on one disc say and will then create an iso ready for burning.

One tip is to burn the disc at a relatively low speed, (say 2x or 4x).