Dol Files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lugger067, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009

Dol Files? by Lugger067 at 7:14 AM (373 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Lugger067
    OP

Newcomer Lugger067 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi i have read that i might need the dol file that came with iso can i create 1 if i have deleted it? thanks in advance Lugger067

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Uhhhhhh...

I think you need to read a little more. Or at least try to figure out what you're asking first cause I sure as shit don't know what you're asking from that.

A .dol file is generally an application that is to be launched through the Homebrew Channel (or bannerbomb, but any .dol ran through this would generally just be an installer FOR the HBC.) To run them you would rename it to boot.dol and put it in a folder with the name of the application and put that folder in an "apps" folder which goes on the root of your sd card. Edit: (And then run it through the HBC).

An .iso is generally an image file of a game that is to be burned to a dvd-r through imgburn and then loaded through any backup loader such as NeoGamma R6 after the proper cIOS are installed on your system to be ABLE to play backup discs.

So I don't know what you are talking about with a .dol coming with an .iso so explain that better or read up on stuff more.