Dokapon Kingdom

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by esoterica, Feb 6, 2010.

Feb 6, 2010

Dokapon Kingdom by esoterica at 9:30 AM (959 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. esoterica
    OP

Member esoterica GBAtemp Regular

United States
    One of my friends, who is a casual gamer and has a Wii, recently told me that he had visited his cousins out of state and they had a game called Dokapon Kingdom. He told me they had lots of fun playing this game and encouraged me to get it. Normally, we just play Super Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl, and occasionally enjoy party games, but I read some reviews and it seems like a fun party game. My boyfriend and room mate aren't really gamers, so I usually play games myself, but would this be a nice party game if I had guests who liked multiplayer games? The RPG aspect seems appealing to me. And being able to change your opponent's name and piss them off. [​IMG]

2. Krazplay

Newcomer Krazplay Advanced Member

France
    Even with all its flaws, it's a very fun game if you have 3 or 4 human players.
    Plus it's pretty much unique in its genre, a mix of board-game and a little RPG.

I enjoyed it enough to translate most of the game in french so I could play easily with some friends who don't understand english.
    So yes, you should give it a try.

3. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    its an ok game but nothing special IMHO, played it once thats enough for me

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    you should release a patch [​IMG]

i enjoyed this game, mario party meets -enter some RPG game here-.

5. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    I just downloaded and burned it yesterday. It sounds like an awesome Mario Party/RPG hybrid. The problem is getting some friends who are willing to play it. The majority of my friends won't stray from SSB or Call of Duty, which is where the challenge comes in. Oh well maybe next year in college...

6. esoterica
    OP

Member esoterica GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know what you mean. This game seems fun, but I don't see myself convincing a lot of people to play this. Especially since it seems there might be a bit of a learning curve to understand the entire game... its a lot more complex than it looks. All the weapons, skills, unlocking classes, quests, it is a little confusing to begin with. I tried to play the Story mode with two AI's just to practice or whatever, and I was very confused half the time. I read a FAQ on GameFAQs so now I understand it a bit and realize a lot of stuff is pretty in depth and not something you'd learn until a few games in. And I don't want to ask people to read instructions before we play this. Oh well, we'll see [​IMG]

7. gundambot

Newcomer gundambot Member

Canada
    this is a good game.
    i'd recommend to others as well.