Dokapon Kingdom: Connect gets localization on Switch this spring

Idea Factory International is bringing Dokapon Kingdom: Connect over to the west. This marks the first localization of the series in quite some time, as the last entry to get an official English translation was 2008's Dokapon Journey, for the Nintendo DS. Dokapon Kingdom: Connect is a remaster of Dokapon Kingdom, a multiplayer board game with RPG elements. This remaster also features online play, which will allow up to 4 players to play versus over the internet. Dokapon Kingdom: Connect will release exclusively for the Nintendo Switch sometime this Spring.

Pseudo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genuinely excited about this, we still occasionally play the Wii version every now and then. I'm wondering why they're opting for this re-release over translating the newer Japanese Dokapon game currently on the Switch.

Spectremint

Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Why would you pay for a game that old?
I personally never bought the game (I borrowed a physical copy from my friend for a short time, though) but there's definitely people out there who are collecting for those two consoles and would be willing to pay up to own a physical copy.

Also, yeesh, this game came out 16 years ago? I feel old, and I only just turned 18 a few months ago.
Post automatically merged:

Genuinely excited about this, we still occasionally play the Wii version every now and then. I'm wondering why they're opting for this re-release over translating the newer Japanese Dokapon game currently on the Switch.
Perhaps they're gauging interest in translating that version by remaking the game that got localized? Seems rather plausible to me

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally never bought the game (I borrowed a physical copy from my friend for a short time, though) but there's definitely people out there who are collecting for those two consoles and would be willing to pay up to own a physical copy.

Also, yeesh, this game came out 16 years ago? I feel old, and I only just turned 18 a few months ago.

Yeah, not going for a full collection but I like to get physical copies of games that interest me for the Wii. Partially for moral reasons but also I like seeing the games on my wall. It's the only console I collect for. Sadly, Dokapon Kingdom is much much more than I'm wanting to spend. :(

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't even try hinting at piracy

Emulation of games no longer published/officially available for sale is not the same thing as piracy at all, don't even get me started on this 'holier than thou' BS some people use on this take.

collecting

I used to be a collector until I realized how stupid it was (to me) to waste space on what amounts to mere digital data just for the fancy box and disc art. And I barely even look at this stuff now. Time to let it go.

I will most likely sell my whole PS2 collection soon too.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice more money to be spent when i don't have it... i hope it's 29.99-39.99 USA dollars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: