Doing a system transfer from a legit 5.5 Wii U to a spoofed 5.5 wii u

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by thegameksk, Feb 18, 2016.

1. thegameksk
    OP

thegameksk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Hey all. I have a Wii U that is on the current fw. I bought a second one for homebrew. its on 3.1 and I will update it to 5.3.2 and then use a spoofer to get it on the most current fw. Once thats done can I do a system transfer from my original Wii U to the new spoofed one? Will this work?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Well I did something similar. My WiiU bricked and I bought a new one. New one was 5.4u. I spoofed it 5 5.1. I called Nintendo and they did the system transfer for me. I was able to go online and even download purchased content from eshop using that temp eshop fix

Last edited by Kafluke, Feb 18, 2016
  3. link270

link270 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    I don't know why It wouldn't work. When the console is spoofed it basically thinks that it's on the higher firmware. I assume when it does the data transfer it should just be moving over games and saves and other things not critical to the internal firmware of the system, so I don't think you'd have any issues.

Is it possible to transfer from a newer FW system to an older one? Like going from your 5.5 to your 3.1 (After you update to 5.3.2) and then do the spoofing? If that works then I would maybe look into that and see if you can do a transfer without updates or anything.

Either way, I don't know if this is possible or not, those are just my thoughts.