Does your new 16Gb DS-X work?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by dreadyz, May 18, 2007.

?

Does your new 16Gb DS-X work?

1. Yes, it works flawlessly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It doesn't work at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It works, but not perfectly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 18, 2007

Does your new 16Gb DS-X work? by dreadyz at 10:48 PM (1,798 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. dreadyz
    OP

Member dreadyz GBAtemp Regular

France
    I was curious to get a general idea of the percentage of people that had problems with their new 16Gb DS-Xtremes. I own two DS-X 4Gb carts & the new firmware works fine for me.

2. StacMaster-S

Member StacMaster-S GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm having a ton of issues right now, but I think it's more from updating to 1.1.2...

I preordered the 16Gb DS-X, and when it came in I updated the software on both my 4Gb and 16Gb models... now I'm having a bunch of issues with both... biggest one being a huge delay in EEPROM writing and Pokemon Pearl saves getting corrupted.

I am really pissed with DS-X right now... the 4Gb had so few issues at launch, but the 16Gb launch is a total mess.

3. r1co281

Newcomer r1co281 Member

United States
    DS-X16gb has a problem with it right out of the box. You need to get a support ticket from the DSX team and they'll give you a Repair Kit to download that SHOULD fix all your problems.

I had one, but i decided to return it, cuz if they were working on this for over 6 months, then I received it and it doesn't even work, I'm not going to stick around for the bad service

4. rpgseeker

Newcomer rpgseeker Newbie

United States
    Most work on th DSX, but not the lastest ones. I keep on getting white screen for the Pokemon D/P.

5. kazumi213

Member kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I can understand new users go and buy the DS-X 16 Gb because they didn't enough research about it.

But what I still can't believe is that previous DS-X 4 Gb users had given more money to that bunch of incompetents in the DS-X team by buying their new product before they fixed all the problems and properly earned what we paid in the first place.

6. dreadyz
    OP

France

Even before the last firmware I recommended an R4 Revolution to a friend that was looking for a flashcart. The firmware updates aren't nearly often enough and there have been several problems already. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and never had any issues. The biggest thing though is the price tag. I wouldn't be able to justify spending so much more money and not getting any added features. The DS-X is going to go out of business unless they get their act together really soon. Hopefully they'll come out with a firmware that utilizes the FPGA.

7. windrider

Newcomer windrider Member

Canada
    I am happy with my DS-X 16GB. Mine came with the V1.1.1 firmware but it had some issues. I am on the latest firmware now with no problems except the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl saves.
    Everything else works perfect, easy to load up and quick to run.
    So out of 281 games I have, 2 that won't save is not the end of the world. But would be nice if they saved properly.

8. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    It works flawlessly.

9. dreadyz
    OP

France
    It took the DS-X team over a month to fix the problems people had from the last firmware update. I think we'll be lucky if there is another firmware upgrade by the time that the European version of Zelda Phantom Hourglass is released. Apparently, the DS-X doesn't work with the Japanese version. I was looking forward to trying it out. It works with the R4.