Does yellows8's Homebrew launcher loader works on 10.5 rxtools?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Osakasan, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Osakasan
    OP

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    So i installed Homebrew Launcher Loader on my Emunand since there's some screenshots i want to take from a cia i have installed on it, but to my dismay i have no way to make it work.

Editing the payload to make it read smea's HBL, renamed hbbl.3dsx since i'm using ctrbootmanager, results on an error+force reset.

Renaming the boot manager, editing hbl's name back to boot.3dsx and editing hmh's payload results on breaking homemenuhax.

Also, i read that payloads contains TWO references to the boot file, but no matter how hard i look or wich soft i use to edit the, i can only find ONE reference.

So... someone has any clue?

2. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    Are you sure it doesn't need to be bhbl.3dsx?

3. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    I've never seen this error but I would suggest you delete the installed CIA and reinstall it with a different CIA installer (the three I know of are FBI, DevMenu, and BigBlueMenu).

Edit: It looks like there are two references to boot.3dsx in the MenuHax ropbin payload, but only one reference in the otherapp payload. The Homebrew Launcher uses the otherapp payload.

Last edited by JacksonS, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Nope it can be anything as long as it's four letters mine is named boos.3dsx and works perfectly

Games&Stuff likes this.
  5. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    Depends on how you make the boot.cfg, right?

6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    As long as you change it correctly in hex then yes it can be called anything that is four letters

Games&Stuff likes this.
  7. LunaLogic

LunaLogic Gimme DLDI please.

Jan 21, 2016
    Switzerland
    Under the Great Firewall
    If you just can't get the point, you can just leave payloads there and add HBL entrance in ctrbootmanager.
    Then you can try if HBL Loader can open ctrbootmanager or not. If it work properly, you can enter HBL via ctrbootmanager(HBL Loader—ctrbootmanager—HBL).

I don't like this though, especially if you want to keep "timeout = 0".