Does XRom GBA software work on Windows 7?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by BryceOne, Sep 25, 2011.

Sep 25, 2011
  1. BryceOne
    OP

BryceOne Newbie

I haven't used my XRom 512MB cart in quite some time. It still works, but now I'm on Windows 7 and I would like to know does the driver/software work on Win7? and does anyone have a link to get the software?

If it doesn't work on Windows 7, I might consider selling it off, but need to see what they're worth now.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. BryceOne
    OP

BryceOne Newbie

Actually I just found my old drivers on a backup dvd, and did get it to work on Win7 32bit (Might not work under 64bit).

I installed Drivers to default c:\Program Files\XRom Drivers. Plugged in XRom device and it found it but wouldn't install drivers. I went to Control Panel/Device Manager and saw it under Unknown Devices. Right-clicked and chose update drivers, located the drivers in the above location. It installed them just fine after that. On Device Manager, under Universal Serial Bud Controllers, I found XROM GBA Link Port Cable.

Next, I installed Little Writer 1.0.8.4. Then, hooked up Linker to GBA. Held START/SELECT and powered on GBA waited for screen to come up. Then loaded LittleWriter. It found my old games I have on the card. I erased the last few games, and added a new one, then flashed it. It worked just perfect.

4. BryceOne
    OP

BryceOne Newbie

Anyone know what the 512MB XRom & Linker are selling for these days?

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You can use the WTS section to find out. I already got 2 of them.