Hacking does wood R4 works with the original DS?

Gitaroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put wood R4 for my original R4 card, shows up on DS lite but my original DS says no cart is inserted

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do apologise - my post wasn't completely comprehensible.

1. Yes, Wood works with the Phat
2. That is normal, it should work with the DSL
3. Wtf, that's not normal.

Gitaroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what version of wood should I use? I use 1.23 for DSL, is there a different version of wood for the phat?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Blow into the slot 1 of the DS Phat with compressed air or a very dry breath. Also gently blow onto the contacts of the R4 card. Whenever I had this problem with my Phat, that was the solution.

If it's an Original R4, it won't be a contacts issue. Ever. The cart fits so snugly into the DS Phat, it's a little unnerving.

Gitaroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
Blow into the slot 1 of the DS Phat with compressed air or a very dry breath. Also gently blow onto the contacts of the R4 card. Whenever I had this problem with my Phat, that was the solution.

If it's an Original R4, it won't be a contacts issue. Ever. The cart fits so snugly into the DS Phat, it's a little unnerving.

ahh, that does the trick, thanks

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Not true.
Eventually the contacts wear a little bit and adding a slip of paper helps.
While WAIO was still being made, I used my R4 almost exclusively because I liked having Moonshell boot ROMs through the Wood loader, but I'd have trouble getting the card to be detected after putting it in. After slipping a piece of paper under the PCB it's worked flawlessly.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Nathan Drake said:
Not true.
Eventually the contacts wear a little bit and adding a slip of paper helps.
While WAIO was still being made, I used my R4 almost exclusively because I liked having Moonshell boot ROMs through the Wood loader, but I'd have trouble getting the card to be detected after putting it in. After slipping a piece of paper under the PCB it's worked flawlessly.

I never had that issue with my DS Phat and I've been using my Original R4 (or at least 1:1) for well over a year now. Every time I had a detection issue a simple hard breath into slot 1 and a nice hard breath on the contacts of the cart fixed it right up. Of course, it only happened twice. Everybody's cart works differently though, so I guess it could happen.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I never had that issue with my DS Phat and I've been using my Original R4 (or at least 1:1) for well over a year now. Every time I had a detection issue a simple hard breath into slot 1 and a nice hard breath on the contacts of the cart fixed it right up. Of course, it only happened twice. Everybody's cart works differently though, so I guess it could happen.
I've had my real R4 for 3 years now.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may want to invest in a new R4, or contact cleaner; but I suspect that a replacement R4 might actually be a cheaper solution. The only problem that I ever had with my Original R4 and DS Phat combo is the spring loaded msd slot.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mechadylan said:
You may want to invest in a new R4, or contact cleaner; but I suspect that a replacement R4 might actually be a cheaper solution. The only problem that I ever had with my Original R4 and DS Phat combo is the spring loaded msd slot.
Why? My R4 works fine (slip of paper under the contacts) and I have my AceKard2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night