Hacking Does vitashell auto update anymore?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to get updates when i load molecule but recently i have not been getting any. When i check and notice a update, i have to manually install them, is this supposed to happen?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that what that option is for? I had it on, i thought it disable the firmware updates that gets downloaded to my system. :P

yes. spoofing is done by another option. it's either in vita shell or molecular shell where u can enable spoofing. u can even change the spoofing number if u want as well which I wouldn't recommend. u'd probably get banned for doing that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned for what? You can't connect to psn anyway :P

I don't know. I assumed u could. it at least lets u use cma without vita update blocker. that's what I used while in IDU mode. it would suck to be updated while in IDU mode, 'cause I think u'd be stuck in it forever since u can't use cex to IDU without henkaku. five minutes to use it before the system shuts off. though, I think u can circumvent that by being plugged in which is a nonissue for the pstv. the vita, however...

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I assumed u could. it at least lets u use cma without vita update blocker. that's what I used while in IDU mode. it would suck to be updated while in IDU mode, 'cause I think u'd be stuck in it forever since u can't use cex to IDU without henkaku. five minutes to use it before the system shuts off. though, I think u can circumvent that by being plugged in which is a nonissue for the pstv. the vita, however...
Well since henkaku hasn't been patched to allow PSN access yet, it no chance of ban for using it at the moment. When it did have PSN access i been using it and still no ban so just saying. Anyway i managed to get update, thanks for the tip. I really thought it was for blocking firmware updates not vitashell updates.:unsure:

Anyway since the update is new, is been awhile since someone listed any info about the latest changes. i will list some patch info.

VITASHELL 1.51 UPDATE
  • Added USB mass storage transfer support.
  • Added RAR archive support (by Mayoshiroi).
  • Added coredump viewer.
  • Fixed bug where 'Please wait...' was shown instead of a specifc USB message.
  • Fixed VPK installation crash
  • Fixed bug where 'theme.txt' was always resetted.
  • Updated to newest libftpvita.
This is all the current info, added info from previous version of 1.5 in the list just to make sure people know about it since is been over a month with 1.43.

Good news is that it now works with ESFILE EXPORER ON ANDROID, USB MODE AND FTP MODE. THANK GOODNESS! :toot:

I dunno what caused it but i suspect that "LIBFTPVITA" mentioned in the changelog was part of it and hope other homebrew apps use it too. Also now support RAR archive format, and with usb support now you can use your vita memory card as a storage device... for whatever reason you want to, maybe just for files or usb mode games on wii or some other console. Now if only PSTV can do that. :P

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since henkaku hasn't been patched to allow PSN access yet, it no chance of ban for using it at the moment. When it did have PSN access i been using it and still no ban so just saying. Anyway i managed to get update, thanks for the tip. I really thought it was for blocking firmware updates not vitashell updates.:unsure:

Anyway since the update is new, is been awhile since someone listed any info about the latest changes. i will list some patch info.

VITASHELL 1.51 UPDATE
  • Added USB mass storage transfer support.
  • Added RAR archive support (by Mayoshiroi).
  • Added coredump viewer.
  • Fixed bug where 'Please wait...' was shown instead of a specifc USB message.
  • Fixed VPK installation crash
  • Fixed bug where 'theme.txt' was always resetted.
  • Updated to newest libftpvita.
This is all the current info, added info from previous version of 1.5 in the list just to make sure people know about it since is been over a month with 1.43.

Good news is that it now works with ESFILE EXPORER ON ANDROID, USB MODE AND FTP MODE. THANK GOODNESS! :toot:

I dunno what caused it but i suspect that "LIBFTPVITA" mentioned in the changelog was part of it and hope other homebrew apps use it too. Also now support RAR archive format, and with usb support now you can use your vita memory card as a storage device... for whatever reason you want to, maybe just for files or usb mode games on wii or some other console. Now if only PSTV can do that. :P

great posting. yeah, I've heard the pstv has issues when connecting via usb. that's what we're wanting though. usb support, but using usb to store games and whatnot to avoid those costly memory cards. we're getting there though. I know that they're working on lv0, nicknamed f00d, so cfw might be a possibility if they take that down.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great posting. yeah, I've heard the pstv has issues when connecting via usb. that's what we're wanting though. usb support, but using usb to store games and whatnot to avoid those costly memory cards. we're getting there though. I know that they're working on lv0, nicknamed f00d, so cfw might be a possibility if they take that down.
I was more concerned with not needing to use my pc to get filezilla to do ftp transfers, now i don't need my pc as often for them :P

If only there is a way to download and install homebrew VPK and plugins on vita, then we finally getting somewhere. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was more concerned with not needing to use my pc to get filezilla to do ftp transfers, now i don't need my pc as often for them :P

If only there is a way to download and install homebrew VPK and plugins on vita, then we finally getting somewhere. :)

I actually haven't tested usb. u an app to download and install homebrew? I believe that's being worked on. one method for doing that is the pstv's "what's new" section. u can change that to different calls within the system including pkg installer, but afaik pkg installer only works in IDU mode with uri caller. u'll be kicked out in cex (stock) mode. I believe u can use "what's new" to download content. I've never tried it, but I have a friend who's looking into it. he's perhaps the smartest person I know when it comes to the vita. I don't think this works on the vita though since iirc it doesn't have a "what's new" section.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually haven't tested usb. u an app to download and install homebrew? I believe that's being worked on. one method for doing that is the pstv's "what's new" section. u can change that to different calls within the system including pkg installer, but afaik pkg installer only works in IDU mode with uri caller. u'll be kicked out in cex (stock) mode. I believe u can use "what's new" to download content. I've never tried it, but I have a friend who's looking into it. he's perhaps the smartest person I know when it comes to the vita. I don't think this works on the vita though since iirc it doesn't have a "what's new" section.
Well not just homebrew, but plugins as well. Ever since PSP CFW, i wanted a app that downloads and installs plugins on the system as well as homebrew. I think plugins are just as important as homebrew which is why is kinda bad that you can't do it. Only way i can download something on vita is using adrenaline and the psp emu web browser If it can access web pages. We all know the psp web browser is already bad, worst than vita but is sad that it can download files the vita web browser can't. :P

So i hope maybe vitashell updates would probably add homebrew and plugin downloads and install all in one. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well not just homebrew, but plugins as well. Ever since PSP CFW, i wanted a app that downloads and installs plugins on the system as well as homebrew. I think plugins are just as important as homebrew which is why is kinda bad that you can't do it. Only way i can download something on vita is using adrenaline and the psp emu web browser If it can access web pages. We all know the psp web browser is already bad, worst than vita but is sad that it can download files the vita web browser can't. :P

So i hope maybe vitashell updates would probably add homebrew and plugin downloads and install all in one. :)

I've never tried that on the psp. I downloaded a gaggle of plugins and picked and chose what I wanted from that. it's possible. they have something like that for the ps3. vita shell should be able to do it. they could use brewology which I believe multiman of the ps3 uses. I haven't checked if they're hosting vita homebrew though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt