Misc Does updating/changing your cIOS affect your Wii WiFi?

reilina

just a neophyte...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been wondering about it. all 6 laptops are ok, my younger brother who brough his PS3 manage to connect to it.
all are connected to our wireless router.

my Wii can connect to it before. played online with differents games it just happen recently after i updated my cIOS (for use with CFG LOADER).
another factor would be our new internet provider COX CABLE (switch from Yahoo SBC), but if i remember correctly i played Black ops online using our new internet provider.

any suggestions or help?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your cIOS have nothing to do with the wifi. Only thing that uses cIOS' are your USB loader and the games you loading through the loader.

I'd go back into your router/wii setting and make sure everything is set properly after your switch to a new internet provider. If you had the ports forwarded on for your wii and had a static ip setup you would need to change some info in your wii setting (ex. If you had a static ip from your old isp, when you switched isp's your Primary DNS address would have changed. If you didn't change this info in your settings it wouldn't be able to connect anymore because it would be trying to connect to your old isp still.)

reilina

just a neophyte...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryoku83 said:
Your cIOS have nothing to do with the wifi. Only thing that uses cIOS' are your USB loader and the games you loading through the loader.

ohh ok good thanks a lot for that info.

i did manage to get online with my new internet provider (wireless) once. i remember this because i updated my black ops game. but after that everything went haywire.

the error that it give me is 52132 or 52130. this is driving me nuts!

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
reilina said:
Ryoku83 said:

ohh ok good thanks a lot for that info.

i did manage to get online with my new internet provider (wireless) once. i remember this because i updated my black ops game. but after that everything went haywire.

the error that it give me is 52132 or 52130. this is driving me nuts!
Yea thats a firewall issue, your router most likely isn't setup right anymore. Try resetting your netword setting in Wii settings > Internet > Connection Settings. If your connection is set to auto get ip and dns already you may need to setup a static ip and forward the ports. You can get info on do that from here.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
reilina said:
been wondering about it. all 6 laptops are ok, my younger brother who brough his PS3 manage to connect to it.
all are connected to our wireless router.

my Wii can connect to it before. played online with differents games it just happen recently after i updated my cIOS (for use with CFG LOADER).
another factor would be our new internet provider COX CABLE (switch from Yahoo SBC), but if i remember correctly i played Black ops online using our new internet provider.

any suggestions or help?

Did you ever stop to think that all these devices hooked up at once may be causing the Wii to not connect to the web. cios has never affected my online experience but I did notice that with Goldeneye you can't connect to wifi unless you boot it through the USB loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.