Hacking Does update 9.0 break emunand cfw?

QueenMawina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I have a switch with a clean sysnand i use for online play, and an emunand with cfw for the other stuff.
The new update recently came out and I wanted to play Smash online, but it requires the 9.0 update.
If i update my sysnand, will that break my cfw emunand in some way?

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
No it doesn't break. Only thing is you can't use game carts in emunand.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever you do on the sysnand doesn't get updated on Emunand vice/versa they are 2 separate nands. 9.0 isn't supported in cfw yet

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With an asterix. You must seperate them. Aka. no use the same account on both nands.
Not using the same account is just playing super safe, but if you are offline on a lower FW in emunand it wont really matter b/c your game records/save files wont synchronize with sysnand. But in his case he can update his sysnand to 9.0 officially.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

QueenMawina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not using the same account is just playing super safe, but if you are offline on a lower FW in emunand it wont really matter b/c your game records/save files wont synchronize with sysnand. But in his case he can update his sysnand to 9.0 officially.
So i update my sysnand officially? and my emunand doesn't recognise game cards? weird, i think I'll wait until they fix that

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So i update my sysnand officially? and my emunand doesn't recognise game cards? weird, i think I'll wait until they fix that
It's not weird. 9.0 comes with a gc reader update and if you boot SysNAND without gc reader protection (auto nogc), your gc reader will update the firmware. Your emuNAND is on lower firmware (8.1.0 eg) and can't use the gc reader anymore until you update it to 9.0 too.

QueenMawina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's not weird. 9.0 comes with a gc reader update and if you boot SysNAND without gc reader protection (auto nogc), your gc reader will update the firmware. Your emuNAND is on lower firmware (8.1.0 eg) and can't use the gc reader anymore until you update it to 9.0 too.
well, I'll see if atmosphere will be updated for 9.0, if it does, I'll just update sysnand officially and emunand with that homebrew program I don't remember the name of.
if it doesn't, well i guess i won't be able to use game cards, more space in my sdcard :<

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
well, I'll see if atmosphere will be updated for 9.0, if it does, I'll just update sysnand officially and emunand with that homebrew program I don't remember the name of.
if it doesn't, well i guess i won't be able to use game cards, more space in my sdcard :<
It will be updated in few days. I think you mean ChoiDujourNX. :)

Reactions: QueenMawina

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1