Hacking Does turning off your DS during an R4 firmware update break it?

iPrincey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like my R4iTT flashcard isn't working anymore after I tried updating it to be compatible with the 4.5.0 version of the 3DS that doesn't let you to run R4's.

I know you're not supposed to power it off when you're doing a flashcard firmware update, but it seriously took way too long, probably like 4 or more hours, so I just figured I'd reset it.

I'm using the patch here http://r4town.com/news/172/How-to-make-R4-card-work-on-Nintendo-3DS-V4.5.0.html for my R4iTT card. It's the purple NEW one.
My 3DS was already updated to 4.5.0 so I couldn't run the patch on it, I had to use my old regular DS to boot up the card and the patch. Everything was going fine, then it got stuck on the patching screen, "erasing" something. The SD card still works, but I'm not sure about the flashcart.

Any insight? Is my R4iTT flashcard dead now that I powered off during the update and do I have to buy a new one?

Black_AcexXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you should buy a new 1 because your flashcard blacked out same to my Galaxy eaglei(Gei) when i tried to update it using ds lite

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you're not supposed to power it off when you're doing a flashcard firmware update, but it seriously took way too long, probably like 4 or more hours, so I just figured I'd reset it.
If you didn't reset the system after that amount of time, personally, I would find you and smack you upside the head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.