Hacking Does triforce heroes have the new anti-piracy measures?

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

HgibEgZ.jpg

So what are the Sky3DS team gonna do?

maybe... nothing =/, seems its a hardware thing, if not, i really hope sky3ds managed to get through this.
GW its sooo goood but, but all the stuff you need to do to play with its a really pain in the ****

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
Every time a new game comes out we have a topic like this about it. Why not just make a one big topic with a list of every game that has this new anty-piracy thing, list if it does or doesn't work with sky3ds or whatever and just update the first post...

Reactions: Quantumcat

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just converted the 3ds file of my triforce heroes eur to cia for my n3ds and runs smoothly on 9.5 emunand. The game is surprisingly light (around 600 mb).

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Sharpzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess this why they didn't bother updating the template with Triforce Heroes.. I sent them the header data last tuesday..

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is because the game is a CARD2 game (modifies a section of the ROM that is actually editable). The reason being is the save file is too big to use standard saving mechanism (mainly due to the 100 screenshots you can save).
You sure it's a CARD2 game? I thought it stored the save in the EXTDATA folder in the 3DS SD, as the game fails to load the save when I move or rename the data it created there. Plus I'm running the game trimmed without issues, and I thought saving in CARD2 games didn't work with trimmed ROMs?

Last edited by Ericss,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, Sky3DS currently doesn't have a solution for Nintendo's Anti-Piracy thing. If they do, it would obviously be a new flashcart and a lot of us know how that went before.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Sharpzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not shelling out another £60 for a Sky3ds green button. Seems like my pirating days are at an end for now lol

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having an issue with the game. It works fine and 70% of the time I try to connect online it works, but for the remaining 30 I get error 018-0515. This also ALWAYS happens when I try to connect with friends. I know it's an internet connection issue, but I was wondering if it had anything to do with some anti-piracy Gateway thing since I'm already on a fixed IP and DNS as Nintendo's troubleshoot suggests. I'm running a .cia of my copy.

AntiCat

Trophies
XP
Country
This is because the game is a CARD2 game (modifies a section of the ROM that is actually editable). The reason being is the save file is too big to use standard saving mechanism (mainly due to the 100 screenshots you can save).

Thank you for your explanation.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You sure it's a CARD2 game? I thought it stored the save in the EXTDATA folder in the 3DS SD, as the game fails to load the save when I move or rename the data it created there. Plus I'm running the game trimmed without issues, and I thought saving in CARD2 games didn't work with trimmed ROMs?
It is definitely a CARD2 game.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I still don't get why Sky3DS chose the hardware route, not being able to upgrade via a FW must be so inconvenient...

I was planning on purchasing one since I am stuck on the 9.2+ boat with no CFW/GW access, but it worries me that at some point the cart will just stop working requiring the purchase of a new one...

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Sharpzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I messaged the Sky3DS team and asked if they were releasing a new cart. All they told me is that they are working on a solution on the AP check.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still don't get why Sky3DS chose the hardware route, not being able to upgrade via a FW must be so inconvenient...

its actually unknown if sky3ds can be updated or not because the chips are unidentifiable. its also the first time they've been put into a situation where games don't work on their card so well see what they do to fix it. people need to give them a little time before panicking. it took gateway quite some time the first time they got cock blocked and people thought it was game over but they came through in the end. the same might happen here.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can't you play new AP flaged games with Sky3DS if your are on CFW ?
i think there's no cfw with AP fix because cfw usually runs .cia and AP only affects .3ds no cfw devs would bother adding this fix, so i guess you can't. if you have cfw, you can play the game as .cia though.

Last edited by honyo29,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: