Hardware Does this microSD card work with the new 2ds? And can I get any higher than 32GB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PNY is a legitimate flash memory brand.

However, before using any newly bought SD cards and USB drives, always check if what you receive is fake by doing a Full Write + Verify Test in H2testw. Do this even if you make your purchases in-store.

Don't judge by external appearances alone because counterfeits are getting better at disguising themselves.

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PNY is a legitimate flash memory brand.

However, before using any newly bought SD cards and USB drives, always check if what you receive is fake by doing a Full Write + Verify Test in H2testw. Do this even if you make your purchases in-store.

Don't judge by external appearances alone because counterfeits are getting better at disguising themselves.
I was planning on using h2testw because I don't like currys but I should be getting a £200 voucher so... also can I get more than 32? because there is 64 and 128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get whatever sized SD card you want.

You want to get a 128 GB one, go for it.

It might load really slowly at 128 GB and larger capacity, but you can kinda get away with it formatting this as FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size.

If you get a 64 GB or smaller, stick to FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.

Also, don't skip out on using H2testw as this is asking for trouble. If you end up getting a fake card, not only are you ripped off of your hard earned money, but you'll find yourself in world of hurt when your 3DS data gets corrupted or go missing.

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You get whatever sized SD card you want.

You want to get a 128 GB one, go for it.

It might load really slowly at 128 GB and larger capacity, but you can kinda get away with it formatting this as FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size.

If you get a 64 GB or smaller, stick to FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.

Also, don't skip out on using H2testw as this is asking for trouble. If you end up getting a fake card, not only are you ripped off of your hard earned money, but you'll find yourself in world of hurt when your 3DS data gets corrupted or go missing.
on my 3ds atm i have a 16gb which isnt enough for my homebrew cias as I have used 12gb already, and the actual power of the ds just isnt enough, loading and powering takes about a minute

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my 3ds atm i have a 16gb which isnt enough for my homebrew cias as I have used 12gb already, and the actual power of the ds just isnt enough, loading and powering takes about a minute
your ds? or your n2dsxl? it shouldn't take a minute to load on a n2dsxl.

Svinorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using a 128 gb sandisk on my N3DS XL, loads between 5-10 seconds for me. But I'm sure that's not always the case for everyone.

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would stick with a 32gb one, in my "new 2ds xl" i'm using a 64gb made by samsung and it loads somewhat slow next to a 32 and 16 sd.
So it's your call, you can put more stuff in the machine, but it will be a bit slower than a smaller sd or put less stuff and make things a bit faster.

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would stick with a 32gb one, in my "new 2ds xl" i'm using a 64gb made by samsung and it loads somewhat slow next to a 32 and 16 sd.
So it's your call, you can put more stuff in the machine, but it will be a bit slower than a smaller sd or put less stuff and make things a bit faster.
Hi, thanks for your reply but I don't need a new sd card anymore, as I will not be getting any more games (or a new ds) because I will be getting a vita for heavier emulators and the half decent games. But thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite