Gaming Does this look like a fake GBA game?

taryn.it.up

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to get a Ruby version to replace my brother's that has been lost, and Ebay is the cheapest place :/ Didn't realize counterfeit games were that common. I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion on if this game lookes legit or not. Thanks.

$(KGrHqRHJCQE9q5g0PieBPjg7y27CQ~~60_57.JPG

Also, sorry the picture is so big.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Genuine IMO.

There's the stamp (08) on the right side of the label, the label looks perfectly ok, color of the case is correct...

But then it's ebay, they can show you a real one and then send a fake...

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Looks legit, and if the auction holder were to send you a fake, he or she would likely just put the cover of the game as the photo to avoid detection. As for the battery, unless the game was grinded to death, it should be just fine. I clocked anywhere between 260 and 300 hours on my Pokemon Yellow (not sure, the clock just stopped after it reached the maximum value) and the game still plays fine. Original cartridges rarely run out of juice, and even when they do, all you really need to fix that is a tri-wing screwdriver and a spare battery.

That said, I too would consider getting a flashcart instead unless you are also getting it for its collection value.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Legit. Its got the transparent plastic housing and metallic label. Both are things any counterfeit would not have bothered including for cost reasons.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as that's what they send you, legit. I would still check their feedback just to see if they have a history of being a good seller or not, nonetheless.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things