Hacking Does the type of Verbatim disc matter?

autobot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently flashed my xenon phat 360 with a liteon drive (its was a 2nd hand xbox, i think a refurb) and before i start ordering blank discs i read that Verbatim give the best results. But i also read that the AZO disc at the ones that work best. But when i read recommended Verbatim disc no one really says AZO over there life series discs. Does it matter what Verbatim disc i should us. I have a recommended burner. Also Has anyone had good results with discs other than Verbatim?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have used sony or tdk. taiyo yuden, tdk, and verbatim are supposed to be the best of the best. I'd recommend verbatim above all else. I think taiyo yuden and tdk merged with other companies, so you just have verbatim now anyway. I don't think it really matters what type you get, at least I've never heard of one type being superior to another.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I don't recall any "don't get this batch/inks from this country" type thing for verbatim DL stuff. Back in the day they were often the more pricey, indeed fluffing a burn of a dual layer disc was probably the best way to bring out your inner cheap bastard (even more so if it was your fault for not blowing off the disc or slamming your hard drive with something while it was happening), but worked very well where many others had a more dubious reputation.
I got some with some labels on top once by accident (that or for some reason they were the cheapest). They were nice when written on top for and formed a decent chunk of my 360 backup spindle.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I recently flashed my xenon phat 360 with a liteon drive (its was a 2nd hand xbox, i think a refurb) and before i start ordering blank discs i read that Verbatim give the best results. But i also read that the AZO disc at the ones that work best. But when i read recommended Verbatim disc no one really says AZO over there life series discs. Does it matter what Verbatim disc i should us. I have a recommended burner. Also Has anyone had good results with discs other than Verbatim?
I think I read -R is better than +R. That's all I know though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi +1