Hacking Does the Supercard DS-One support R4 saves?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a Supercard DS-One shortly. I have a bunch of game saves from my old R4 (SAV files) that I backed up. Can I use these saves normally on the Supercard?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
I don't have much experience with it but you might have to run your save through this.
There's not a format for Supercard there. If both cards use the SAV format, I guess it would work. Anyone, can you confirm my original question officially?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that's good enough confirmation for me!
smile.gif
Just ordered my Supercard. Hope to have it before Kirby Super Star Ultra comes out!
yaynds.gif

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely playable from R4 to SuperCard DS One. Only issue is you MIGHT have to rename some of the games to be old style format as that si what the SC DS One uses.

Meaning:

New Super Mario Bros.sav = R4
newsupe~1.sav = SC DS One

Sometimes you do not have to convert and sometimes you do.

I have the R4 and SC DS One (SDHC) bu I upgraded to a CycloDS and can definitely live without the SC DS One due to its flaws - It is now my backup cart
smile.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The R4 just uses the max possible size at that time(512KB) for every game while the SC uses different save sizes for every game, depending on how they are set in its dsinfo.dat file, but I believe they both use the RAW format. It might be possible that the SC runs with the saves directly without any problems but if it doesn't just trim the excess of the 512KB saves down to Supercard-set size. Also remember to format the savefile names in 8.3 and with a capitalized .SAV extension or they will not run.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Eon-Rider said:
I don't have much experience with it but you might have to run your save through this.
There's not a format for Supercard there.
Look harder.

Regardless, I was under the impression that the "different sizes for different games" thing didn't work anymore, but perhaps I'm wrong. The SCDS can certainly work just fine with all saves set to 512 KB like with the R4. More than likely you can just copy them over and rename them if necessary.

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ummm you don't even need to rename the save file, as long as you took the same title for the rom and put it in w/ the same name save file your supercard ds1 will read it as it is =] i tired already
biggrin.gif

i don't remeber what size r4 saves are, 512kb? i think or 256? w/e either way if it is 256 it'll convert it into a 512 one so don't have the worry about it for sure
but even if you arn't sure too late now xDD

but i hope you'll enjoy it im sure you'll love it, i got my and no regret getting it ^^

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
granville said:
Eon-Rider said:
There's not a format for Supercard there.
Look harder.

Regardless, I was under the impression that the "different sizes for different games" thing didn't work anymore, but perhaps I'm wrong. The SCDS can certainly work just fine with all saves set to 512 KB like with the R4. More than likely you can just copy them over and rename them if necessary.
Oh my stupid eyes! Sorry, I didn't see that. Time to upgrade my glasses. And that answers my question too! R4 saves should work fine on the Supercard. Thank you!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night