Does the Sky3DS have a way around the new Anti-Piracy?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RedBlueGreen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. RedBlueGreen
    OP

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    apskyfix.png
    The new Sky3DS sitting.ini has a Happy Home Designer ROM with "Crack-TLX" in the label. I'm not sure if this means that somebody cracked the Anti-piracy used with new ROMs or not. Can anybody confirm whether or not the AP has been cracked (and reads as a legit ROM)?

Margen67 likes this.
  2. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    google the rom. seriously. iso website. dont be a noob, use jewgle.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    The new AP hasn't been cracked, the Sky3ds team released a way to play that game in especific, the "crack" involves HAVING A 9.2 (or less) 3DS, then install some crap and do some other steps that then make the game usable on Sky3ds.

Which doesn't really make any sense because if you have a <9.2 system you can just install the game using emunand + rxTools and play it without needing Sky3ds to play it at all.

4. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Yeah... you see, sometimes us GW users still use their Sky3DS on their emuNAND. So it happens.

It's called.... LAZINESS!!!

Margen67 and MattKimura like this.
  5. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    that isn't the sky3ds team. the webpage youre referring to is a reseller with a page that looks like the real one, it seems to fool a number of people.

the sky3ds team are working on the new AP but haven't made an announcement.

im not sure what the cracked animal crossing rom is for and there doesn't appear to be any notes on whats cracked. someone with a Japanese 3ds and sky3ds could try it and see if it works but odds are the rom info was sent into the sky team and they simply added it to the list.

6. Osmosis

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    The AP is obviously a FW issue and not a new physical chip added to the cartridges, correct? Otherwise it would cost a fortune for GD's to pay for Nintendon't chips... upping the price of all N3DS games. But this would also cause problems with eShop DLs???

Plus we've got GW already addressing this issue so this leaves Sky3DS with having to figure out how to slip a hex ref into the template. If anything, wouldn't this make it EASIER for Sky3DS to fake AP checks?

The only issue being that Sky3DS may need to consider going the route of the DSTwo and making a more software/code approach than a hardware approach. Something we've always thought they should've done to begin with.

I also think DSTwo+ knew something in advance... hence the delay.

We may see a zombie rise from the grave at this point?

Of course this is speculation... so... yeah.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Who knows. We don't have a way to test it anyway. Unless somebody can make a template entry for the game by themselves (since we can't write the game without a template file).
    They have it on the setting.ini but not the real template. Otherwise I could test it with RegionFOUR.

8. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    I have a Japanese 9.9 N3DS (since that fuk3r didn't come to America but I still wanted it) and a Sky3ds, I don't care about the game but I could test if someone gets the rom on their hands and want a legitimate tester.

9. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    We can't test it until the Sky3DS template gets Happy Home Designer info. We don't have the data to write the game yet, unless somebody can make template data themselves. I have Ironhax on my 3DS (with RegionFOUR) so I'll be to test it once we get the necessary information.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Sep 17, 2015
  10. Osmosis

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Wait, we're speculating about a game that hasn't even been released yet?

Margen67 likes this.
  11. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    not sure if I made this correctly but you can give it try. I would recommend using a spare sd card to be safe.

Last edited by nervx, Sep 18, 2015
  12. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Doesn't work. I'm not sure whether or not it's an improper write (from the header, which seems to be the case) or the AP hasn't been cracked.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Sep 18, 2015
  13. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    I don't know if you are aware, but we have been talking about tge japanese version which came out on July 30th...

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  14. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    So I'm guessing..........nay. They haven't found a work around.

15. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    This is allegedly a cracked ROM. I'm going to try testing again when/if the Sky3DS team adds data for the Japanese game into the official template. Assume no though.

16. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    okay. I was kind of tired when I did it and there was an string of numbers I wasn't sure about maybe someone else will make a proper template.

17. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    I didn't ask about the rom, I'm asking if sky3ds team were successful in providing a way to play encrypted roms. Instead it looks like they are probably waiting for some 3ds devs to take a crack at it.

18. iZallen

iZallen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2015
    Canada
    Uhm; if I recall correctly, I think someone wrote a program to grab that info; Search around on google. :/

19. Nintendo Fanboy

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL THE PIRACY POLICE!
    WE CAN'T PIRATE HHD AND WE WANT IT! I would pirate it if I could.

20. donkeymilk

donkeymilk GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    United States
    Seems legit....