Does the R4 1.12 firmware update the AR engine?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Kira99, Nov 22, 2007.

Nov 22, 2007
  1. Kira99
    OP

Newcomer Kira99 Advanced Member

Canada
    Does the R4 1.12 firmware update the AR engine? I think that the latest ARDS firmware is v1.34. I recall reading on some code hacking sites that some codes don't work on the old v1.11 R4 firmware because it uses an older ARDS firmware. Not sure which codes, so I can't test. It would've been nice if the update mentioned if they did or not.

2. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    well, i believe yasu made some patcher for the ar engine to update it, but i'm not sure it works with 1.12

3. Lupigen

Newcomer Lupigen Advanced Member

United States
    It was the 1.10 firmware that was incompatible with some AR codes, and yasu made a fix for it. The R4 team fixed the cheat engine in 1.11, but the Real-Time Cheat Enable/Disable option still uses the old cheat engine, bugs and all. I'm not sure whether or not they fixed it in 1.12, but all you need to do is deactivate the option.

4. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Actually, Yasu made a fix for R4's 1.11 loader too. Not sure what it fixes though.

5. Kira99
    OP

Newcomer Kira99 Advanced Member

Canada
    Where can I find these yasu updates? Also how do I disable the Real-Time Cheat Enable/Disable option?

I know Yasu are the people who made the R4 DS Cheat Code Editor v0.4 software though, but even in that thread I don't think I saw a link to their official site.

Thanks guys

6. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands