Misc Does the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Work With Wiimmfi?

Snoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up trying to setup a WEP connection to play Mario Kart DS and apparently the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector allows "users without a Wi-Fi connection or compatible Wi-Fi network to establish one via a broadband-connected PC" So my question is does it still work and does it work with Wiimmfi?

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works, but you'd probably be better off just hosting a wifi hotspot from your phone, since those Nintendo wifi sticks aren't very common to come by anymore.

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that the official software only supports Windows XP and Vista.

I seem to remember, a long time ago, someone figured out how to use Non-Nintendo-specific Buffalo drivers with the thing, but I don't remember specifics.

You'd probably be better off getting a cheap old router.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you make it work with wiimmfi? I have the usb wifi connector and im using an old windows xp laptop, everything works fine and it connects perfectly BUT after the connection test it says "Connected to access point but unable to connect to the server" since it tries to connect to the defunct servers. Additionally the settings of the wifi usb connector arent saved so I am unable to enter its settings to change the DNS configuration so I am unable to connect to wiimmfi.... Is there something some other way to get this to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi