Does the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Work With Wiimmfi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Snoof, May 7, 2018.

1. Snoof
    OP

Snoof Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    United States
    I give up trying to setup a WEP connection to play Mario Kart DS and apparently the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector allows "users without a Wi-Fi connection or compatible Wi-Fi network to establish one via a broadband-connected PC" So my question is does it still work and does it work with Wiimmfi?

2. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    it works, but you'd probably be better off just hosting a wifi hotspot from your phone, since those Nintendo wifi sticks aren't very common to come by anymore.

3. Sirius64

Sirius64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Keep in mind that the official software only supports Windows XP and Vista.

I seem to remember, a long time ago, someone figured out how to use Non-Nintendo-specific Buffalo drivers with the thing, but I don't remember specifics.

You'd probably be better off getting a cheap old router.

4. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    How do you make it work with wiimmfi? I have the usb wifi connector and im using an old windows xp laptop, everything works fine and it connects perfectly BUT after the connection test it says "Connected to access point but unable to connect to the server" since it tries to connect to the defunct servers. Additionally the settings of the wifi usb connector arent saved so I am unable to enter its settings to change the DNS configuration so I am unable to connect to wiimmfi.... Is there something some other way to get this to work?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted