Does the iso disk loaders work with the newest wii's? (fall 09

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fucemal, Dec 17, 2009.

1. fucemal
    OP

Newcomer fucemal Member

United States
    Hi Everyone.

I heard that some of the newer dvd drives off the wii wont boot backup disks. Is this true?

I'm not exactly sure of my drive but i think i got one of the newer ones, d2c2.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me the run down of whats going on with the different drive makes and their compability with the different software based mods.

Greets,

fucemal

2. grimmreapervi

Newcomer grimmreapervi Member

Cyprus
    If you have one of the new wiis, iso disk loaders will not work. However, USB loaders work on all wiis. I think wiis bought after mid 08 have the new drivers.

More scientifically (from cIOSCORP) the D3-2 is missing the debug DVD commands that all other Wii DVD Drives have, and so it PHYSICALLY CANNOT READ DVD±R DISCS! This means that no disc softmod will work with them, including but not limited to cIOSCORP, NeoGamma, the disc loading section in USB Loader GX, or any other backup loaders. You should look into USB Game loading instead.

3. fucemal
    OP

Newcomer fucemal Member

United States
    Hey Grimmey m8.

Just read it myself from the cioscorp notes but i still can't believe it!

Man is me and my brand new wii dissapointed. Guess i'll have a look at the usb section then.

Thank you for the heads up, Grimmey.

Greets,

fucemal

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I just modded a brand new wii yesterday that the guy bought within the last week or so and it was a LU71534XXXX drive with 4.0 installed.

NeoGamma with Rev14 played burnt games just fine on it.

Not sure if it helps any or not because it is known that nintendo doesn't release serial #'s in order.

If your going to mod it anyway to play from usb you might as well try running neogamma to see if you can get a burnt game to play.The worst that happens will be it doesn't play and you have a burnt disc that's of no use.

5. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    This is why I bought a used one instead. I don't usually buy used hardware, but I really wanted to make sure I got one with DVD-R reading and bootmii installable as boot2 for brick protection.

But if you get a USB HDD, you can do pretty much anything still, other than run GC backups. So don't be TOO disappointed. [​IMG]

6. fucemal
    OP

Newcomer fucemal Member

United States
    Hi again, im sorry to dig up an old thread but i wanted to know whats the status on this?

I got me self an old wii with way older drive but just out of pure curiosity, are the new drives hacked for running backup discs yet?

sincerely,

fucemal

7. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey Waiting for SALT to rescue the Wii U Scene!!

United Kingdom
    NO the new drives do not contain the Debug commands that are needed to read DVD Rs, never gonna happen.

8. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

They're not debug commands, they're meant to be used to read DVD Video discs.

9. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So, if you threw a modchip at it, would it read backups then ?? I would have thought not.