Hacking Does the Ipod Video 60gb work on CFG USB Loader

girugamarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I don't use itunes to begin with. I use mediamonkey. I just bought the ipod from my friend today. Should I try formatting it to fat32 and try again?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
well I don't use itunes to begin with. I use mediamonkey. I just bought the ipod from my friend today. Should I try formatting it to fat32 and try again?
There's your problem. You need iTunes to set the iPod to USB Disk Mode and then use the loader to format it to WBFS, or keep it as FAT32 if you want to load that way.

girugamarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's already checked but the option is dimmed, meaning I can't disable it if I wanted to

edit: interesting. It still will not mount when it's in normal ipod mode, but when it's connected via Rockbox (it's sort of a custom OS for ipods that you hack/install on) it mounts and now works perfectly
smile.gif

girugamarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can keep it fat32 (the format your ipod probably is right now) and still be able to use it to load Wii games from. And yes 30gb is enough for around 10-15 Wii games. I'm not experiencing any slowdown with my 60gb

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
you can keep it fat32 (the format your ipod probably is right now) and still be able to use it to load Wii games from. And yes 30gb is enough for around 10-15 Wii games. I'm not experiencing any slowdown with my 60gb
Deltaburnt claimed that I have to format it to WBFS. If I keep it Fat32 than my games have to be lower than 4gb.

girugamarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
girugamarc said:
If I keep it Fat32 than my games have to be lower than 4gb.

yeah

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
Jakob95 said:
girugamarc said:
If I keep it Fat32 than my games have to be lower than 4gb.

yeah
But most Wii games will be 4.12 gb usually. So does that mean I would have to format it into WBFS.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no just use wii backup manager for windows to transfer them to the fat32 drive it'll use .wbfs files(scrubbed down game partition only) rarely 4.3gb

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
no just use wii backup manager for windows to transfer them to the fat32 drive it'll use .wbfs files(scrubbed down game partition only) rarely 4.3gb
When you transfer the file and make it a .wbfs file how much does the ISO get trimmed down?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You select ipod as drive and it'll prompt you to make wbfs folder

select ISO's in file tab and it usually tells you the size that the game will be on the drive it varies from disk to disk some will be 2.5-3gb and some will be well below 1gb and not to forget duel layered disks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.